REG Windpower is one of the UK’s leading developers and operators of small to medium-sized wind farms, operating nine sites in England and one in Wales, with a combined operational capacity of 41.15 MW.
Its headquarters are in Bath, England.
Wind farms owned and operated by REG
Its ten operational wind farms are:
- Braich Ddu, Glanrafon, Gwynedd;
- Goonhilly Downs, the Lizard, Cornwall;
- High Haswell, Easington, County Durham;
- High Pow, Wigton, Cumbria;
- High Sharpley, County Durham;
- Loscar, Harthill, Rotherham;
- Ramsey, Cambridgeshire;
- Roskrow Barton, Penryn, Cornwall;
- St Breock, Cornwall;
- Whittlesey, Peterborough.
REG Windpower was founded as the Cornwall Light and Power Company in 1989, and changed its name to REG Windpower in 2010. REG Windpower is owned by Renewable Energy Generation Ltd.
In March 2011, REG reported pre-tax losses, which the company blamed on unusually low wind levels in the preceding year.
As well developing, building and operating wind farms, the group also generates renewable energy from used cooking oil through its subsidiary company REG Bio-Power.
Proposed new wind farms
In October 2011, REG Windpower launched public consultation on several new wind farms in England. If completed, these projects will have a combined installed capacity of almost 50MW.
The projects are:
- Bank House Farm, Croft, North East Lincolnshire;
- French Farm Extension, Thorney, Peterborough;
- Grange Farm, Wiltshire;
- M48, South Gloucestershire;
- Mendennick, Cornwall;
- St Breock Repower, Cornwall;
- Steadfold Lane, Ketton, Rutland.
- Green electricity in the United Kingdom
- Wind power in the United Kingdom
- Energy policy of the United Kingdom
- Energy use and conservation in the United Kingdom
- REG WindPower http://www.regwindpower.co.uk
- Dulas case study http://www.dulas.org.uk/case-study.cfm?theCSID=1D92824D-965D-9DD4-59FC7DFF2E7BFEFC
- "A Cornwall Light & Power Wind Farm". Goonhilly Green Power. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- New Statesman 20 January 2010 http://www.newstatesman.com/energy-and-clean-tech/2010/01/high-haswell-wind-site-reg
- "WWU High Pow wind farm - General data". Thewindpower.net. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "High Sharpley". Action For Renewables. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Wind turbines Loscar". J31.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Ramsey Wind Farm | Renewables". The Abbey Group. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Visit To Roskrow Barton Wind Farm : Isle of Wight News". Ventnorblog.com. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "St. Breock". E.On Uk. 2008-02-28. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Whittlesey Wind Farm | Renewables". The Abbey Group. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Financial Times 21 March 2011 http://cachef.ft.com/cms/s/0/0770e1bc-53a0-11e0-a01c-00144feab49a.html#axzz1f2tn44OM
- "Bank House Farm Wind Farm - Welcome". Communityconsultation.me. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Welcome". French Farm Wind Farm. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "steadfoldlanewindfarm.co.uk". steadfoldlanewindfarm.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-03.