|Traded as||LSE: PFC|
|Industry||Engineering, Procurement & Construction, Oil & Gas|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Rijnhard van Tets, Chairman
Ayman Asfari, Group Chief Executive
Tim Weller, Chief financial officer
|Revenue||$6,329 million (2013)|
|Operating income||$771 million (2013)|
|Net income||$650 million (2013)|
Petrofac is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry. It is registered in Jersey (number 81792), with its main corporate office on Jermyn Street, London. It has operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Kuala Lumpur. There are another 24 offices in various countries. It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was established as producer of a modular plant in Tyler, Texas, USA in 1981. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005. In 2010, it bought a 20 percent share in the Gateway storage scheme, an undersea cavern for gas storage.
In November 2014, the company issued a profit warning, saying that profit for 2015 will fall by 25%, as slowing demand in China and abundant US output cuts the oil price.
- designs and builds new oil and gas facilities
- manages and maintains existing facilities
- enhances the performance of more mature or marginal assets
- develops and trains personnel
Petrofac is organised into two business units:
- Engineering, Construction, Operation and Maintenance
- Integrated Energy Services
- Norman Murray steps down from Petrofac helm, The Scotsman, 23 August 2014
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Petrofac History
- Petrofac buys into UK gas storage project Evening Standard, 6 December 2010
- Petrofac and Bonatti win US$650mn EPC project in Algeria, Africa: Oil Review Africa, 2013
- "Petrofac issues profit warning". 24 November 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Petrofac: About Us