|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Rudong County (simplified Chinese: 如东县; traditional Chinese: 如東縣; pinyin: Rúdōng Xiàn) is under the administration of Nantong, Jiangsu province, China, and lies on the Yellow Sea coast. It administers 14 towns and 5 districts. The 14 towns are Juegang, Matang, Fengli, Caobu, Chahe, Shuangdian, Xindian, Hekou, Yuanzhuang, Changsha, Ju, Yangkou, Bencha and Dayu. The county seat is Juegang .
The county took its name because geographically it is located to the east of Rugao County and was one part of it. The ancient name of it was Fuhaizhou, which meant a small sand island in the ocean.
Demographics and languages
The county has many extraneous people from the south of the Yangtse River (Changjiang River), so there are two main dialects: Rudonghua which is a branch of Jianghuai Mandarin and Shadihua (Wu: Sodiwo [so di ɯo]), which is a branch of the Wu language.
Rudong is located on the bank of the Yellow Sea. As a result, there is a sizable fishing industry and the county was named "the place of seafood in China" by the Chinese Cooking Association in 2007. Rudong also contains a harbor for commercial cargo. Yankou Harbor was launched in May 2011 and includes a facility for unloading liquified natural gas. In addition, there is a wind farm near Rudong's sea bank. The farm contained 217 turbines as of 2009, making it the largest in the country in its grade.
- Google Inc. "Rudong". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rudong,+Nantong,+Jiangsuemail@example.com,121.0747322,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x35b1adf272d0008f:0xf0cbd481a8f29f47. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "中国如东". 如东县政府信息中心. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "瞭望中国：如东海鲜特色". Rudong.gov.cn. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "如东洋口港正式开港作业,南通网-中国南通主流新闻资讯门户". Zgnt.net. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "江苏如东风力发电突破10亿千瓦时_财经_凤凰网". Finance.ifeng.com. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
|This Jiangsu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|