Saidabad Main Road
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hyderabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Malakpet|
The old part of Saidabad is a middle-class cosmopolitan neighbourhood, known for its low cost of living owing to accessibility to all the needs and good public transport.
The suburb is home to Saidabad Police Station which covers major areas around it and also Saidabad ACP Office. There is a pond called as Yerra Gunta, and a Hindu crematorium on its banks. The pond is also used for Batukamma festival. A big jatara, a huge carnival, called as ghatam is held on Bonalu festival. Ganesh Chaturti is also celebrated well here with many mantaps across the suburb.
It was known by the name Sayeedabad, named after Syed Mir Mommin, the Prime Minister of Golconda in 1591. Some nawabs have big mansions here. A historic heritage structure, Ameen Manzil is located here.
Saidabad is home to many schools like Government Upper Primary School, Madannapet Government School,Sri Vignana Vardhani High School, New Era Public School, Silverdrop High School, Sainik School, Pagoda Pre School(Day care center), Vikasa Bharathi High School, St. Peters Primary School, Neo Royal High School, St. Andrews High School, Geetanjali Vidyalaya, St. Paul's High School, etc.
Matrusri Institute of Post Graduate Studies (MIPGS) has its campus here, and Matrusri Engineering College was established within the same campus in the year 2011.
Saidabad is well-connected by the buses, APSRTC, which ply on two routes covering most of the area, and all the buses stop here.
Buses connecting Saidabad are:
- 27 - Midhani - Jeedimatla
- 78 - Saroornagar - Charminar
- 93 - Midhani - Secunderabad
- 102 - Midhani - Secunderabad
- 103 - Bairamalguda - Women's College
- 104 - Champapet - Women's College
- 105 - Saidabad Colony - Women's college/Nam pally/secretariat
- 105s - SBH colony - Women's College
- 109 - Women's College - Subramanyam Colony
- 127 - Midhani - Kondapur
- 131 - Saidabad colony - Secunderabad
- 153 - Saidabad colony - Mehdipatnam
- 158s & 158/105 - Saidabad colony - Sanathnagar
- 203 - Woman's college - Nadergul
- 251 - Woman's college - Shamshabad
- 277 - CBS - Ibrahimpatnam
- Falaknuma - Lingampally - FL & FL
- Falaknuma - Hyderabad - FH & HF
- Falaknuma - Umdanagar - FU & UF
Localities in and around Saidabad
The old Sayeedabad has many bastis, being part of the old city like Sapto Bagh Asman Gadh Baquar Bagh, Kurmaguda, Reddy Basti, Poosala Basti, Harijan Basti etc. The colonies are Saidabad Colony, Singareni Colony, SBH Colony, Saraswathi nagar, Vinay nagar colony, LIC Colony, Madhav Nagar Colony, Laxmi Nagar etc.z colony is one of the oldest basti which is very famous in Saidabad.
D colony is very close to MVSR college