The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Idaho
As of January 1, 2011, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reported 414,182 members in 121 stakes, 1,077 congregations (979 wards and 98 branches), four missions, and four temples in Idaho, with a fifth announced. Rexburg, Idaho is home to Brigham Young University–Idaho, previously known as Ricks College.
Idaho has the third most Mormons of any U.S. state (after Utah and California), and the second-highest percentage of Mormons (after Utah). Mormonism is strongest in Eastern Idaho.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2012)|
|Idaho Boise Mission||July 1, 1974|
|Idaho Nampa Mission||July 1, 2013|
|Idaho Pocatello Mission||July 1, 1991|
|Idaho Twin Falls Mission||July 1, 2013|
Idaho currently has 4 temples in operation. On April 2, 2011, the Meridian Idaho Temple was announced
|8. Idaho Falls Idaho|
Idaho Falls, Idaho, US
|27. Boise Idaho|
Boise, Idaho, US
|125. Rexburg Idaho|
Rexburg, Idaho, USA
|128. Twin Falls Idaho|
Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
|158. Meridian Idaho (Under construction)|
- Idaho Stakes.LDS Stake & Ward Web Sites. List of Stakes in Idaho.
- LDS Meetinghouse Locator.Nearby Congregations (Wards and Branches).
- LDS Newsroom (Statistical Information)
- "Press release", Newsroom (LDS Church), 20 May 2011
- "Church Announces New Temples in Canada, Colorado and Idaho" (Press release). The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints: Public Affairs Department. April 02, 2011. Retrieved December 20, 2011. Check date values in:
- Marcum, Robert D. (1992), "Idaho, Pioneer Settlements in", in Ludlow, Daniel H., Encyclopedia of Mormonism, New York, NY: Macmillan, pp. 671–672, ISBN 0-02-904040-X, OCLC 24502140.
- LDS Newsroom (Idaho)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Official Site
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Visitors Site