The Houma Courier
|Owner(s)||Halifax Media Group|
|Headquarters||3030 Barrow Street
Houma, Louisiana 70361
The Houma Courier is a newspaper published daily in Houma, Louisiana, United States, covering Terrebonne Parish. It is owned by Halifax Media Group It is sometimes simply referred to as "The Courier". The paper is published by Miles Forrest and the paper's Executive Editor is Keith Magill. The paper was founded in 1878 as Le Courrier de Houma by French-born Lafayette Bernard Filhucan Bazet. It first published in four-page, half-French half-English editions.
The Courier has a daily circulation of 19,700 and a Sunday circulation of 22,100. Its online edition, Houma Today was launched in May 1999.
- "About the Courier". Houma Courier. December 22, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- "LPA Job Bank". Louisiana Press Association. January 26, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- "NYTRNG Newspapers". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2007-12-19.[dead link]
- Halifax Media purchases 16 newspapers
- "Better Newspaper, Free Circulation and Special Interest Editorial Competition, Student Newspaper Competition, and Individual Competition Results". Louisiana Press Association. April 14, 2006. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
|This article about a Louisiana newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|