|Founded||c. 1891, as The Galesburg Daily Mail|
|Headquarters||140 South Prairie Street,
Galesburg, Illinois 61401, United States
10,532 Sundays in 2012
The Register-Mail is an American daily newspaper published in Galesburg, Illinois. The paper was owned by the Pritchard family from 1896 to 1989, when it was sold to the Journal Star. In 1996, Copley Press bought both papers for $174.5 million. In 2007, GateHouse Media bought Copley's Illinois and Ohio papers.
In addition to the daily newspaper, GateHouse also publishes Knox County Neighbors, a weekly newspaper serving Knox County and the Galesburg area, and the Daily Review Atlas in neighboring Warren County.
- "About The Galesburg Daily Mail". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "FAS-FAX Report: Circulation Averages for the Six Months Ended March 31, 2012". Arlington Heights, Ill.: Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- Thomason Has Trouble Buying an Illinois Paper
- Peoria Journal Star To Join Copley Chain
- GateHouse buys The Register-Mail
|This article about an Illinois newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|