- Hi Rezonansowy. "User pages ... do not belong in content categories..." (WP:USERNOCAT) is a relevant guideline.
- Generally in wp (categorization) we try to keep a clear separation between enyclopedia content (e.g. articles) and encyclopedia administration (talk pages, user pages, wikiprojects etc). E.g. Wikipedia:WikiProject OpenStreetMap is not in Category:OpenStreetMap. Category:OpenStreetMap (which is below Category:Articles) is for articles (i.e. encyclopedia content) about the topic of OSM.
- I've created Category:WikiProject OpenStreetMap and put a few pages in it. I've linked to there from Category talk:OpenStreetMap. The Wikipedians category might also be placed in it. Hope this helps, DexDor (talk) 20:49, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
List of World War II firearms
I see that you reverted my edit to the See also section of the List of World War II firearms article. If the links are intended to point to disambiguation pages (which Type 3 and Type 92 are), then the links are supposed to be piped through the (disambiguation) redirect per WP:INTDABLINK. -Niceguyedc Go Huskies! 09:40, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Niceguyedc. It is very unlikely that those links are intended to point to dab pages - it's more likely that the links were intended to point to articles about firearms introduced shortly after WWI. I.e. WP:INTDABLINK isn't applicable here. It would be better to tag the links as dab-needed or remove the links from the see-also list. DexDor (talk) 09:52, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: Category:Wikipedia articles incorporating text from kam.lt
Hello DexDor. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Category:Wikipedia articles incorporating text from kam.lt, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: The template still transcludes pages here, so while ever it exists the category should. Thank you. Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs) 07:40, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
Category:Articles containing video clips
Dexdor, as you requested at the deletion discussion, I puller Category:Articles containing video clips out of Category:Video. Your comment was absolutely right, these pages do no belong in the Video category, which should be for articles about videos. This should help with the problems you're having. Oiyarbepsy (talk) 15:31, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
CfD of Category:UsesSecondParam
DexDor, I have speedy deleted this page. As I said on the top of the category page, I created this page for a test and intended to delete it afterwards. So it would have been better for you to contact me directly about it before proposing it for deletion. RockMagnetist(talk) 00:00, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, In this case it would have been simpler to contact you directly, but in most cases where I find an odd category that I think should be deleted either (1) the cat creator has left wp so CFD/CSD is needed, (2) the cat creator argues that the category should be kept so CFD/CSD is needed, or (3) the cat creator agrees with deletion but the category still needs to be emptied (which is normally done using an admin-only bot) and deleted by an admin. DexDor (talk) 19:25, 19 January 2015 (UTC)