|Real name||Василь Анатолійович Ломаченко|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
February 17, 1988 |
|Wins by KO||1|
Vasyl Anatoliyovich Lomachenko (Ukrainian: Василь Анатолійович Ломаченко; born February 17, 1988) is a Ukrainian professional boxer who won the silver medal at the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships, gold medals at the 2009 World Amateur Boxing Championships and 2011 World Amateur Boxing Championships, as well as the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics in the featherweight division and 2012 London Olympics in the lightweight division.
At the World Championships 2007 in Chicago he beat Abner Cotto in the first round, Theodoros Papazov, Arturo Santos Reyes, and Li Yang in the semifinal to reach a fight against Russian favorite Albert Selimov, another southpaw, to whom he lost, 12:16.
Lomachenko won gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. He avenged his 2007 World Championship defeat to Selimov in the first round. Lomachenko beat his five opponents by an astonishing 58-13 on the way to his first gold medal, and was subsequently named the outstanding boxer for the tournament and awarded the Val Barker Trophy.
World Amateur Championships Results
- Defeated Abner Cotto (Puerto Rico) 26-9
- Defeated Theodoros Papazov (Greece) 19-5
- Defeated Mikhail Bernadski (Belarus) 21-6
- Defeated Arturo Santos Reyes (Mexico) RSCO 3
- Defeated Li Yang (China) 13-13
- Lost to а Albert Selimov (Russia) 11-16
- Defeated Mario Aleksic (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 16-2
- Defeated Craig Evans (Wales) 15-1
- Defeated Branimir Stankovic (Serbia) 8-2
- Defeated Oscar Valdez (Mexico) 12-1
- Defeated Sergey Vodopyanov (Russia) 12-1
- Defeated Lomalito Moala (Tonga) RSC 1
- Defeated José Ramírez (USA) 16-9
- Defeated Robson Conceicao (Brasil) 19-18 (originally lost 19-20 but decision was controversially overturned)
- Defeated Fazliddin Gaibnazarov (Uzbekistan) 18-10
- Defeated Domenico Valentino (Italy) 17-11
- Defeated Yasniel Toledo (Cuba) 17-12
Olympic Games Results
- Defeated Albert Selimov (Russia) 14-7
- Defeated Bahodirjon Sooltonov (Uzbekistan) 13-1
- Defeated Li Yang (China) 12-3
- Defeated Yakup Kılıç (Turkey) 10-1
- Defeated Khedafi Djelkhir (France) 9-1 RSC 1
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Wellington Arias (Dominican Republic) 15-3
- Defeated Félix Verdejo (Puerto Rico) 14-9
- Defeated Yasniel Toledo (Cuba) 14-11
- Defeated Han Soon-Chul (Republic of Korea) 19-9
European Championships Results
- Defeated Vladimir Nikiforov (Estonia) 10-0
- Defeated David Oliver Joyce (Ireland) 10-2
- Defeated Hicham Ziouti (France) 2-1
- Defeated Araik Ambartsumov (Russia) 7-1.
After winning the gold medal, Lomachenko made the decision to turn pro. After meeting with several fight promoters, Lomachenko signed a contract to fight for Top Rank. Lomachenko made his professional debut in United States 12 October 2013 as part of the undercard to the Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez main event defeating Mexican fighter José Ramirez with a fourth round knockout. Lomachenko's bid to make history by winning a world championship in his second fight and break Saensak Muangsurin's record ended in failure. He challenged Orlando Salido for the featherweight World Boxing Organization's title. However, Lomachenko shied from engaging Salido troughout most of the fight, something that his opponent exploited. A late surge, which saw him injure Salido in the final round, was unable to change the final result.
Professional boxing record
|1 Wins (1 knockouts, 0 decisions), 1 Losses, 0 Draws|
|Loss||1-1||Orlando Salido||SD||12||2014-03-01||Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas||For vacant WBO WorldFeatherweight title.
Salido lost the title on the scales after failing to make weight. If Salido wins, the title will remain vacant.
|Win||1-0||Jose Ramirez||KO||4 (10), 2:59||2013-10-12||Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada||Professional debut.
Won WBO International Featherweight Title.
- Lomachenko lapping up the applause, International Boxing Association (September 14, 2009)
- Ukrainian boxer Lomachenko becomes world champion Interfax-Ukraine (September 14, 2009)
- Scott Christ (October 12, 2013). "Bradley vs Marquez results: Vasyl Lomachenko dominates in pro debut". Bad Left Hook.
- DAILY RESULTS, International Boxing Association
- "Medallists by weight category". AIBA. Retrieved 16 November 2008.