Álvaro d'Ors (14 April 1915 – 1 February 2004) was a Spanish jurist and academic. He was a son of the noted Spanish philosopher Eugenio d'Ors. He was one of the twentieth century's foremost experts in Roman law. He was a noted classics scholar, historian and political theorist, and one of the founding figures of the University of Navarra. He was also a personal friend and collaborator of Carl Schmitt.
The following is a partial list of the works of Alvaro d'Ors
- Critical Prerequisites for the Study of Roman Law (Salamanca 1943).
- Introduction to the Study of Documents from Roman Egypt (London 1948)
- Legal Epigraphy of Roman Spain (Madrid 1953)
- Eurico Code. Edition and Palingenesia (Madrid-Rome, 1960).
- Papers on the Academic Trade (Madrid, 1961).
- System of Sciences I-IV (Pamplona, 1969-1977)
- Introduction to the Study of Law (Chile, 1976)
- Essays in Political Theory (Pamplona, 1979)
- New Papers on the Academic Trade (Madrid, 1980)
- Flavian Municipal Law. Text and commentary (Rome 1986)
- Roman Private Law (9th ed., Pamplona, 1997, ISBN 8431302968)
- The Quaestiones of Africanus (Rome, 1997).
- Historical Parerga (Pamplona 1997).
- Violence and Order (2nd ed., Madrid, 1998).
- The Possession of Space (Madrid 1998).
- New Introduction to Law (Madrid, 1999).
- Romanistic Review (Santiago de Compostela, 1999).
- Law and Common Sense: Seven Lectures on Natural Law as a Limit to Positive Law (3rd ed., Madrid, 2001).
- Common Good and Public Enemy (Madrid, 2002).
- Alvaro D'Ors 1915-2004. Academic event in memoriam, March 26, 2004, Pamplona, Faculty of Law. University of Navarra, 2004, 1st, 79 pp. ISBN 978-8480810166.
- Altuve, Fernan (ed.), Homage A.D 'Ors, (Lima, 2001).
- D'Ors, Miguel, Alvaro d'Ors. In memoriam (Pamplona, 2004), p. 33 ff.
- Domingo Oslé, Rafael, "Alvaro d'Ors: an approach to his work," Our time, vol. LX, no. 615 (2005), p. 16-43.
- Domingo Oslé, Rafael, Alvaro d'Ors: an approach to his work, Cizur Minor (Navarra), Aranzadi, 2005, 1st, 128 pp.
- Menaut Pereira, Antonio Carlos, "A Constitution d'Ors-evoking concept", Journal of Law, Catholic University of Valparaiso, XXVI-II (actually published in 2006), 315-326. ISSN 0716-1883.
|This article about a Spanish lawyer, judge or jurist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|