1848 in China
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||Other events of 1848|
History of China • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1848 in China.
- Daoguang Emperor (28th year)
- Viceroy of Zhili — Nergingge
- Viceroy of Min-Zhe — Wang Yide
- Viceroy of Huguang — Yutai
- Viceroy of Shaan-Gan — ?
- Viceroy of Liangguang — Qiying
- Viceroy of Yun-Gui — Lin Zexu, Lin Xingyuan
- Viceroy of Sichuan — Qishan
- Viceroy of Liangjiang — Li Xingyuan
- In January 1848, God-Worshipping Society leader Feng Yunshan was arrested and banished to Guangdong by local authorities
- January — California Gold Rush starts as gold discovered at Sutters mill. Inspires thousands of Chinese to travel to America to search for gold
- the horse first race organized in Shanghai (see Shanghai Race Club)
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Guangzhou established
- Sun Yirang (Chinese: 孫詒讓; pinyin: Sūn Yíràng) (1848–1908) philologist, scholar of the Mozi
- Cheng Tinghua (程廷華) (1848–1900) was a renowned master of Chinese Neijia (internal) martial art Bagua Zhang.
- Franz H. Michael, The Taiping Rebellion: History 34-35 (1966)