1938 International Lawn Tennis Challenge
|Duration||29 April – 5 September|
|Winning Nation||United States|
The 1938 International Lawn Tennis Challenge was the 33rd edition of what is now known as the Davis Cup. 21 teams entered the Europe Zone, while 4 entered the Americas Zone.
Australia defeated Japan in the Americas Zone final, while in the Europe Zone final Germany defeated Yugoslavia. Australia defeated Germany in the Inter-Zonal play-off, but were defeated in the Challenge Round by defending champions the United States. The final was played at the Germantown Cricket Club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States on 3–5 September.
|Kansas City, MO, United States (clay)|
|Mexico||0||Montreal, Canada (grass)|
|Montreal, Canada (grass)||Japan||1|
Australia vs. Japan
|Mount Royal Tennis Club, Montreal, Canada 
12–14 August 1938
29 April–10 May
|New Zealand||New Zealand|
Germany vs. Yugoslavia
|Rot-Weiss Tennis Club, Berlin, Germany 
29–31 July 1938
Australia vs. Germany
|Longwood Cricket Club, Boston, MA, United States 
18–20 August 1938
United States vs. Australia
|Germantown Cricket Club, Philadelphia, PA, United States 
3–5 September 1938
- The tie between Austria and India was abandoned following the German annexation of Austria in March 1938.
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "United States v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Japan". daviscup.com.
- "Germany v Yugoslavia". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Germany". daviscup.com.