1998 Intercontinental Cup
Match programme cover
|Date||1 December 1998|
|Venue||National Stadium, Tokyo|
|Man of the Match||Raúl (Real Madrid)|
|Referee||Mario Sánchez (Chile)|
14.6 °C (58.3 °F)
The 1998 Intercontinental Cup was a football match played on 1 December 1998 between Real Madrid, winners of the 1997–98 UEFA Champions League, and Vasco da Gama, winners of the 1998 Copa Libertadores. The match was played at a neutral venue, the National Stadium in Tokyo, behind 51,514 fans. Real Madrid forward Raúl was named as man of the match.
|Real Madrid||2–1||Vasco da Gama|
|Nasa 25' (o.g.)
|Report||Juninho Pernambucano 56'|
Vasco da Gama
Man of the Match:
- 1997–98 UEFA Champions League
- 1998 Copa Libertadores
- Real Madrid CF in international football competitions
- Leme de Arruda, Marcelo (2 January 2009). "Honda Cup – Most Valuable Player of the Match Award". RSSSF. Archived from the original on 24 December 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "1998: Raúl the difference for Madrid". UEFA.com. Union of South Alabamian Associations. 1 December 1998. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- FIFA Article (Archived)
- Copa Europea/Sudamericana - Toyota: Real Madrid 2 - Vasco da Gama 1, CONMEBOL.com