2001 Boston Red Sox season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|2001 Boston Red Sox|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Dan Duquette|
(Sean McDonough, Jerry Remy)
(Don Orsillo, Jerry Remy)
(Jerry Trupiano, Joe Castiglione)
(Adrian García Márquez, Bobby Serano and J. P. Villaman)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Farm system
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- November 16, 2000: Chris Stynes was traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Boston Red Sox for Michael Coleman and Donnie Sadler.
- January 11, 2001: David Cone signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- January 19, 2001: Craig Grebeck was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
|New York Yankees||95||65||0.594||—||51–28||44–37|
|Boston Red Sox||82||79||0.509||13½||41–40||41–39|
|Toronto Blue Jays||80||82||0.494||16||40–42||40–40|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||62||100||0.383||34||37–44||25–56|
Record vs. opponents
2001 American League Records
- April 18, 2001: Bill Pulsipher was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- June 5, 2001: Kevin Youkilis was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 8th round of the 2001 amateur draft. Player signed June 11, 2001.
- June 12, 2001: Justin Duchscherer was traded by the Boston Red Sox to the Texas Rangers for Doug Mirabelli.
- July 2, 2001: Joe Oliver was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- July 31, 2001: Ugueth Urbina was traded by the Montreal Expos to the Boston Red Sox for Tomokazu Ohka and Rich Rundles (minors).
- August 23, 2001: Bill Pulsipher was selected off waivers by the Chicago White Sox from the Boston Red Sox.
Famous Firsts involving the Red Sox
- Monday, August 6, 2001 – Scott Hatteberg became the first player to hit into a triple play and hit a grand slam during the same game.
- Sunday, September 2, 2001 – This was the first day in Major League history where the final score in four games was 1-0: Yankees 1 vs. Red Sox 0, Padres 1 vs. Diamondbacks 0, Astros 1 vs. Brewers 0, and Blue Jays 1 vs. Tigers 0.
Opening Day Line Up
|2001 Boston Red Sox|
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
See also: Minor League Baseball
- Chris Stynes Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- David Cone Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Craig Grebeck Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
- Bill Pulsipher Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Kevin Youkilis Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Justin Duchscherer Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
- Joe Oliver Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
- Ugueth Urbina Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
- Baseball Almanac, Steroid Era Famous Firsts Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Box Score, Texas Rangers vs Boston Red Sox, August 6, 2001
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2001 Boston Red Sox season.|