|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)
Aksel Sandemose (19 March 1899 – 6 August 1965) was a novelist, born in Nykøbing, Mors Island, Denmark to a Danish father and a Norwegian mother. He is the grandfather of illustrator and children's writer Iben Sandemose. Apart from his writing, in his early years he worked as a teacher, journalist, sailor and lumberjack in Newfoundland. Sandemose was one of six finalists for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1963.
Sandemose family grave, Vestre Gravlund, Oslo.
- 1923 Fortællinger fra Labrador
- 1924 Ungdomssynd
- 1924 Mænd fra Atlanten
- 1924 Storme ved jævndøgn
- 1927 Klabavtermanden
- 1928 Ross Dane
- 1931 En sjømann går i land
- 1932 Klabautermannen
- 1933 En flyktning krysser sitt spor
- 1936 Vi pynter oss med horn
- 1939 September
- 1945 Tjærehandleren
- 1946 Det svundne er en drøm
- 1949 Alice Atkinson og hennes elskere
- 1950 En palmegrønn øy
- 1958 Varulven
- 1960 Murene rundt Jeriko
- 1961 Felicias bryllup
- 1963 Mytteriet på barken Zuidersee
- Aksel Sandemose and Canada: A Scandinavian Writer's Perception of the Canadian Prairies in the 1920s by Christopher S. Hale (Regina, Saskatchewan: Canadian Plains Research Center, 2005)