|Place of origin||United States|
|Other information||Has the highest fiber content of all Kellogg's cereals; supposedly the driving force behind sales|
|Cookbook: All-Bran Media: All-Bran|
The introduction of All-Bran in 1916 came on the heels of the success of Kellogg's Bran Flakes a year earlier. It was sold in a red and green box, similar to most Kellogg's cereals at the time. After finding great success in the U.S. market, Kellogg's began distribution in the United Kingdom and other markets in 1922.
The current ingredients of All-Bran Original are wheat bran, sugar, malt flavor, and salt, in addition to fortified vitamins and minerals. Some countries allow the addition of chemical vitamins. It contains 33% fiber, 78% of natural wheat bran's 43%.
All-Bran Buds is similar with added psyllium, its 39% fiber analysis is close to that of natural wheat bran.
Despite the name, the principal ingredient in All-Bran Flakes is whole grain wheat, not bran. It contains only 15% fiber, equivalent to 34% wheat bran.
All-Bran received five stars out of five on the Australian Government's health star ratings.
All-Bran comes in different varieties, many are available to specific countries:
- All-Bran Original (Australia, Canada, France, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latin America, South Africa, UK, U.S.)
- All-Bran Bran Flakes/All-Bran Flakes/Petales (Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, UK)
- All-Bran Bran Buds (Canada, U.S.)
- All-Bran Strawberry Buds (Canada)
- All-Bran Strawberry Medley (Canada, U.S.)
- All-Bran Extra Fiber/All-Bran Plus (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden)
- All-Bran Flakes Chocolate (Italy, Spain)
- All-Bran Guardian (Canada)
- All-Bran Honey Nut Flavor (Canada, South Africa)
- All-Bran Cereal Bars (Belgium, Canada, Italy, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, UK)
- All-Bran Choco/Chocolat (Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Spain, UK)
- All-Bran Splitz (Spain)
- All-Bran Plus (Belgium, Greece, The Netherlands)
- All-Bran Plus Yogur/Iogurte (Portugal, Spain)
- All-Bran Plus Fruit 'n Fibre/Fruta & Fibra (Belgium, France The Netherlands, Portugal)
- All-Bran Figue & Pomme (France)
- All-Bran Fruit 'n Oats (Australia)
- All-Bran Tropical (Australia)
- All-Bran Snack Bites (Canada, U.S.)
- All-Bran Dual (Australia)
- All-Bran Complete Oat Flakes cereal
- All-Bran Extra Fiber cereal
- All-Bran Yogurt Bites
- "Kellogg's: A Historical Overview".
- product labels as distributed in Ontario Canada June 2015
- USDA Food Nutrient Database, wheat bran, raw
- Han, Esther (20 April 2015). "Food health star ratings: Kellogg's reveals the cereal that gets 1.5 stars". The Sydney Morning Herald.