|Motto||Diversity, creativity, inspiration, community|
|Type||Sixth form college|
|Location||Old Odiham Road
|DfE URN||130691 Tables|
Alton College is a sixth form college located in Alton, Hampshire, England. As well as being a sixth form, the college provides an adult education service to the local population as well as catering for students with disabilities from nearby Treloar College. It was built in 1978 and was one of the first institutions in the UK to be a purpose-built sixth form college.
Notable former students of Alton College include:
- Michael Auger – singer
- Yvette Cooper – Labour Member of Parliament (MP) for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford with the positions of Shadow Home Secretary and Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities
- Alison Goldfrapp – musician
- Gwyneth Herbert – singer-songwriter
- Russell Howard – comedian
- Ranil Jayawardena - Conservative Party MP for North East Hampshire
- Amber-Jade Sanderson – Australian politician
- Chris Wood – cricketer
- "Principal's Page". Alton College. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "AC Alumnus’ Got Talent!". Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Biography". Archived from the original on 22 April 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2008.
- "Alison Goldfrapp Biography". BiggestStars.com. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Former Music Students". Alton College. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Foley, Jack. "Gwyneth Herbert – I suppose for as long as I can remember, singing’s always been my complete passion". indielondon.co.uk. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Brew, Simon (17 November 2008). "The Den of Geek interview: Russell Howard". Dennis Publishing. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Alton to leave East Hampshire in boundary shake up". Farnham Herald. 16 September 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- "Winners take it all". Alton College. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alton College.|