Archdeacon of Cambridge
The Archdeacon of Cambridge is a senior ecclesiastical officer in the Diocese of Ely. The archdeacon is responsible for some clergy discipline and pastoral care in the Archdeaconry of Cambridge.
The archdeaconry has existed, as the Archdeaconry of Ely, since (at the latest) the early 12th century (before the creation of Ely diocese in 1109, the archdeaconry was in Lincoln diocese), but was renamed to Cambridge in July 2006.
List of archdeacons
- All called Archdeacon of Ely unless otherwise noted.
- Diocese of Ely – Archdeacon of Cambridge - John Beer (Archived version accessed 17 March 2014)
- "Obituaries: The Ven. John Sanderson Long". Church Times (#7578). 13 June 2008. p. 32. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 7 June 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- The Independent – Obituary, David Walser
- The Independent – Church appointments, 5 December 1992
- Debrett's Biography – Jeffrey Watson
- "Appointments". Church Times (#7383). 10 September 2004. p. 20. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 7 June 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Appointments". Church Times (#7868). 3 January 2014. p. 23. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 3 January 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- Diocese of Ely – Next Archdeacon of Cambridge appointed (Accessed 29 November 2015)