|Birth name||Aarya Samir Ambekar|
|Born||16 June 1994
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
|Genres||Indian classical music|
|Labels||Universal Music India|
Aarya Ambekar is a Marathi playback singer from Pune, Maharashtra. She participated and reached the finals of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L'il Champs aired on Zee Marathi channel between July 2008 and February 2009. Aarya has made her acting debut in Jan 2017 through the film Ti Saddhya Kay Karte.
Aarya was born in Nagpur to Sameer Ambekar, a doctor and Shruti Ambekar, a vocalist. Aarya's grandmother, a classical vocalist, recognised the talent in Aarya when Aarya was two years old. Aarya started her formal musical training at the age of five and half years from her Guru and mother, Shruti Ambekar. At the age of six, whilst in first standard, Aarya appeared her first examination in Music.
Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs
In 2008, Aarya was auditioned for the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L'il Champs, a competitive music reality show organised by the Zee Marathi television channel. She was one of final 50 who were selected from amongst several thousand children aged between 8 and 14 across Maharashtra. She made her way to the top 10 finalists and then to the Final 5 Mega-Finalists.
Aarya was popularly referred to as the "Pretty Young Girl", during the show.
Aarya sang a wide variety of songs in the competition. She created the record of receiving full marks from the judges many times. Aarya created an unbeatable record when she got वरचा नी (equivalent to 200%), for her beautifully sung "Paan Khae Saiyyan Hamaro", which remains unbroken in all the nine Schedules of SA RE GA MA PA and even after two schedules of SA RE GA MA PA for professional singers. Singer Hariharan was the celebrity judge for that episode.
Aarya was also awarded performer of the week in numerous episodes by eminient singing personalities like Mahalaxmi Iyer, Shreya Ghoshal, Hariharan etc. Aarya sings a wide variety of songs ranging from pure classical songs, Natyageet, Bhavgeet, Bhaktigeet to Marathi Chitrapat Sangeet, Hindi songs, folk songs, Lavanis as well.
She sang "Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo" to pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the Mumbai terror attacks on 26 November 2008. She also performed the same song at Shivaji Park, Dadar in a program organised by Mumbai Police to pay tribute to the martyrs who laid down their lives fighting the terrorists in that attack. The song was originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar after the 1962 India-China War.
During the course of the program, Aarya was also awarded the Manik Varma Scholarship. She is the youngest singer to win the scholarship.
- Pancha Ratna Vol. 1, 2, 3 on Universal Music India
- Garjati Sahyadriche Kade
- Jai Hari Vitthal
- Marathi Abhimaangeet composed by Kaushal Inamdar
- Aathava Swar composed by Mrs. Varsha Bhave
- Mala Mhanatyat Aarya Ambekar
- Geet Tujhe Gata Gata – Collections of poems of famous poets
- Khaucha Gaav composed by Yashwant Deo
- Hum Aur Tum – Hindi songs album composed by Khalil Abhyankar
- Aanandwan Ale Ghari - Shri Baba Amte
- Majhya Matiche Gayan - Kusumagraj Pratishthan
- Diva Lagu De Re Deva - First solo album based on poems of eminent Marathi poets. The album is composed by famous composer Saleel Kulkarni
- Let's Go Back (2011)
- Balgandharva (2011)
- Kali – Composer Shrinivas Khale
- Rama Madhav – Sang a song: "Hamama Re Pora"
- Yodhha - Composer Omkar Kelkar
- Sant Kaikadi Maharaj - Composer Narendra Bhide
- Goshta Tichya Premachi - Sang 2 songs: "Sakhya Re" and "Hur Hur"
- Ready Mix - Composer Avinash Vishwajeet - Sang a romantic song
- Ti Saddhya Kay Karte (2017) - Made her acting debut and sang 3 songs: "Jara Jara Tipur Chandane", "Hrudayat Vaje Something", and "Kitida Navyane Tula Aathavave".
- Suvasini – a marathi daily soap telecast on Star Pravah channel from 14 November 2011.
- Dil Dosti Duniyadari - a marathi sitcom telecast on Zee Marathi channel from 9 March 2015.
As an actress
|Upcoming||Rangila Re|| |
|2017||Ti Saddhya Kay Karte||Tanvi (in college)||  |
A few events where Aarya has performed –
- Vasantotsav 2008 – Musical concert arranged in Pune every year by Rahul Deshpande in memory of his legendary grandfather Pandit Vasantrao Deshpande
- Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival 2009, 2010.
- Little Champs live shows in many cities like Mumbai, Pune, Nashik Sangli, Aurangabad, Goa, Ratnagiri, Thane, Nagpur, Wardha, Bhopal etc. and at international venues like Dubai, Abu Dhabi. These are runaway popular shows where Aarya performs with four other Little Champs Mugdha Vaishampayan, Prathamesh Laghate, Rohit Raut and Kartiki Gaikwad in perfect sync. This group is known as 'Panch-Ratna'.
- Live performance in the devotional programme arranged in the presence of Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at village Hadshi, near Pune. October 2009
- Live performance in the special programme arranged on the occasion of birthday of Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at Puttaparthi. November 2009
- Live performance in Swar Asha program arranged to felicitate Asha Bhosale in Pune in March 2010. Aarya sang duets with Sudesh Bhosale in this program. The program was aired on Mi Marathi Channel.
- Live performance at a function organised by Deccan Education Society to mark its 125th year of existence. Aarya performed in front of The Honourable President of India, Her Excellency Pratibha Patil.
- Live performance along with Lata Mangeshkar in special function organised by Shiv Sena on occasion of the Golden Jubilee Year of Maharashtra State on Maharashtra Din
- Antarnaad – a program consisting of compositions by Shrinivas Khale. The program was aired on Mi Marathi Channel on 29 August 2010
- As a celebrity guest in Ashtavinayak Darshan along with Prathamesh Laghate. Ashtavinayak Darshan program consists visits to the eight holy temples of Lord Ganesha (Ashtavinayaka) situated around Pune district. This program was telecast on Star Majha channel during the Ganpati Festival 2010 from 11 to 18 September 2010.
- Live performance in Nashik Festival 2011
- Bheeti Laagi Jeeva 2010, 2011– a special show on yearly pilgrimage from Alandi to Pandharpur telecast on IBN Lokmat.
- Maharashtra Mandal Dubai (MPFS) 2017 - As a part of Waarsa Suraancha
Awards and recognition
- 2008 – Youngest to be awarded the "Manik Varma Scholarship" towards her future music studies
- 2009 – Runner-up of the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L'il Champs reality-based music competition organised by Zee Marathi
- 2009 - Maharashtra Shaasan puraskar
- 2010 – Haribhau Sane Award
- 2010 – Punyaratna – YuvaGaurav Award
- 2011 – Big Marathi Rising Star Award (Music)
- 2012 - Young Achievers Award - awarded by Whistling Woods International
- 2012 - Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande Puraskar
- 2014 - Aarya Puraskar
- 2015 - Dr Usha Atre Award by Swaranand Pratisthan
Aarya is a daughter of Samir Ambekar and Shruti Deshpande Ambekar. Samir Ambekar is a doctor by profession.
- "Spotting Talent" – Article on Aarya in Lokmat Times paper Archived 29 June 2013 at Archive.is
- PanchaRatna Vol 1
- PanchaRatna Vol 2
- PanchaRatna Vol 3
- मराठी अस्मिता
- अभिमानगीत बातमी
- आठवा स्वर
- आठवा स्वर, लोकसत्ता
- आठवा स्वर, सकाळ
- The complete details of the album[permanent dead link]
- Ba. Bha. Borkar Archived 8 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Details of the Album in Sakal Daily Archived 8 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Details of the Album in Loksatta Daily
- Details of the album in Saakal Daily
- Detils of Music Launch in Jalgaon Live Newspaper
- "Diva Lagu De Re Deva Album Details". Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Let's Go Back
- Details of the Music Launch in Indian Express
- Detais of the Album on SAREGAMA site
- "Rama Madhav Audio Launch". Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Rama Madhav Music Review". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Goshta Tichya Premachi Movie Details". Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Ready Mix romantic song for Avinash Vishwajeet". Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Bhanage, Mihir (6 January 2017). "'Ti Sadhya Kay Karte' Movie Review". Entertainment. The Times of India. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival
- Dubai Performance Dubai Photos
- Sai Baba's Visit to Pandurang Kshetra, Hadashi, Pune
- Aarya Performing in front of Sathya Sai Baba
- Sai Baba's B'day at Puttaparthi
- The video montage uploaded by Star Majha channel on Youtube
- Nashik Festival 2011
- Nashik Festival details in Sakal website
- Details and video on IBN Website
- Details of Manik Varma Scholarship in Sakal Archived 8 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Article about Haribhau Sane Award in Sakal Daily
- Details in Loksatta
- News of Punyaratna Awardsin Loksatta
- News of Punyaratna Awards in Sakal
- Details of the award in India Express
- "Young Achievers Award - Sakaal Times News Article". Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Khadilkar, Asha (8 December 2015). "संगीत शिकण्यासाठी प्रत्येक क्षण शिष्य बनून राहावे" [I Became a Disciple of Music and Learned to Live Every Moment]. eSakal.com (in Marathi). Retrieved 8 December 2015.