Asia's Next Top Model (season 6)
|Asia's Next Top Model (season 6)|
Season 6 promotional poster
|No. of contestants||14|
|Country of origin||Thailand|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original network||Fox Life|
|Original release||August 22 –|
October 24, 2018
The sixth season of Asia's Next Top Model (subtitled as Asia's Next Top Model 6: Beyond Limits) premiered on August 22, 2018. Filming for the season took place in Bangkok, Thailand. Cindy Bishop and Yu Tsai both returned as judges for panel, while Monika Sta. Maria from season 3, Shikin Gomez and Minh Tu Nguyen from season 5 made appearances as model mentors throughout the season.
The season featured 14 contestants: three from Thailand, two from the Philippines and Indonesia, and one each from Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam. China, India, Mongolia, Nepal, and South Korea were unrepresented. Japan marked its comeback after its absences from the previous two seasons, while both Hong Kong and Myanmar returned after their absences from the previous season.
The prize package for this season included a Subaru XV, a cover and fashion spread in Harper's Bazaar Thailand, a featured avatar in the new America's Next Top Model Mobile Game, and a modeling contract with Storm Model Management in London.
The winner of the competition was 23 year-old Dana Slosar, from Thailand.
|Thailand||Lena Saetiao||20||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||N/A||Episode 1||14–13|
|Hong Kong||Hody Yim||24||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Japan||Sharnie Fenn||20||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Shikin||12|
|Indonesia||Iko Bustomi||22||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Monika||Episode 2||11|
|Indonesia||Jesslyn Lim||26||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Monika||Episode 3||10|
|Malaysia||Rubini Sambanthan||26||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Monika||Episode 4||9|
|Singapore||Yi Han Si||18||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||Tu||Episode 5||8|
|Philippines||Jachin Manere||21||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Shikin||Episode 6||7|
|Vietnam||Thanh Vy Nguyen||23||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Shikin||Episode 7||6|
|Thailand||Pim Bubear||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Tu/Monika4||Episode 8||5|
|Myanmar||Beauty Thet Thinn||22||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Tu||4|
|Philippines||Adela-Mae Marshall1||20||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Shikin||Episode 10||3–2|
|Taiwan||Mia Sabathy2||24||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)||Tu|
|Thailand||Dana Slosar||23||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Monika||1|
Other cast members
- Shikin Gomez – Alumni Model Mentor
- Monika Sta. Maria – Alumni Model Mentor
- Minh Tu Nguyen – Alumni Model Mentor
|Title||Original air date|
|66||1||"The Girl Who Can't Scream"||22 August 2018|
The models were introduced to the show's returning alumni mentors, Shikin, Tu and Monika, before meeting host Cindy Bishop at the rooftop of the Bangkok Marriott hotel. They were immediately sent on their first challenge, which came in the form of a colorful selfie runway show at the Chatuchak Weekend Market. Hody and Lena were deemed to be the worst performers during the challenge, and were both eliminated from the competition. The remaining 12 contestants moved into the model house, and were divided into groups to be mentored by the alumni models. The contestants later took part in a tribal jewelry photo shoot with reptiles. At elimination, Beauty received the highest overall score. Jesslyn and Sharnie landed in the bottom two, and Sharnie was eliminated from the competition.
|67||2||"The Girl Who Had Two Chances"||29 August 2018|
The remaining 11 contestants received makeovers at the Ketvadi Gandini salon. Tension ensued in the model house after several of the girls found some of Mia's notes that she had written about the other contestants. On set, the models were paired up as black and white swans for an editorial photo shoot inspired by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's world famous ballet, Swan Lake. At elimination, Jachin received the highest overall score. Iko and Jesslyn landed in the bottom two, and Iko was eliminated from the competition.
|68||3||"The Girl Who Found Her Perfect Companion"||5 September 2018|
The models were introduced to season 5 winner and Subaru ambassador Maureen Wroblewitz, who informed the contestants that they would be divided into teams for a Subaru social media 'insta-race'. The timed challenge consisted of travelling to three separate locations in Bangkok (Khlong Toei Market, Hua Lamphong station, Rama VIII Bridge) to take Instagram photos that embodied the brand's spirit of adventure. Jachin, Pim, and Vy were later chosen as the winners. For the photo shoot, the models were taken to a luxury villa in Bangkok, where they had to pose with dogs in a campaign for Subaru. At elimination, Mia received the highest overall score. Dana and Jesslyn landed in the bottom two, and Jesslyn was eliminated from the competition.
|69||4||"The Girl Who Got The Kicks"||12 September 2018|
The remaining nine contestants received pep talks from their mentors before being taken to Absolute You Yoga Studio for a rhythm cycling challenge in groups, which consisted of performing a choreographed dance-exercise routine. The winning group, consisting of Adela, Jachin, and Mia, received a day off at Quan Spa. On set, the models took part in an 80s inspired wrestling photo shoot where they had to pose in pairs. At elimination, Adela received the highest overall score. Han and Rubini landed in the bottom two, and Rubini was eliminated from the competition.
|70||5||"The Girl Who Spoke The Truth"||19 September 2018|
Pim was switched from team Tu to team Monika at the beginning of the episode. The contestants later met former judge and mentor Cara G. McIlroy to prepare to take part in a screen test challenge for award-winning skincare brand Estetica ést.lab. Adela was chosen as the best performer, winning products $1,000 worth of the brands products. The models later had a natural beauty photo shoot for Estetica. At elimination, Dana received the highest overall score. Han and Mia landed in the bottom two, and Han was eliminated from the competition.
|71||6||"The Girl Who Can Barely Stand Up"||26 September 2018|
The remaining seven contestants were divided into teams for a roller derby challenge at the Roller Dome Emporium, where Adela, Beauty, Dana, and Jachin were chosen as the winners. On set, the models had to perform in a supermarket editorial pop-up photo shoot alongside their model mentors, Monika, Shikin, and Tu. At elimination, Beauty received the highest overall score. Jachin and Vy landed in the bottom two, and Jachin was eliminated from the competition, much to the surprise of the other contestants.
|72||7||"The Girl Who's Out of Time"||3 October 2018|
The remaining contestants discussed the implications of the previous panel's elimination, and received a visit from their model mentors, who informed them that the teams would be dissolved at the end of the week. They later had a styling and photo shoot challenge in teams in which they had to create a lookbook collection with three different briefs (uptown, casual, modern) taking selfies with a Huawei P20 Pro phone. The winners of the challenge, Adela, Beauty, and Dana, received an additional 5 minutes at the upcoming photo shoot - a fashion story for Harper's Bazaar Thailand where the contestants had to pose as fashionable giants in modern pin-up styling on a miniature set. At elimination, Dana received the highest overall score. Mia and Vy landed in the bottom two, and Vy was eliminated from the competition.
|73||8||"The Girl Who is Left Hanging"||10 October 2018|
Beauty and Pim were eliminated of the competition.
|74||9||"The Girl Who Climbed Her Way to the Top"||17 October 2018|
|This is the recap episode.|
|75||10||"The Girl Who Had A Rollercoaster Ride"||24 October 2018|
With the final goal of their journey within arm's reach, the top three girls must channel the confidence of their inner supermodel in a Celebration photoshoot with their special surprise co-stars, and walk the walk in a colourful tropical finale runway, Paradiso. After the final deliberation, Dana was crowned as the sixth winner of Asia's Next Top Model.
- ^ Adela competed on the second season of Philippines' Next Top Model, where she was the runner-up.
- ^ Mia competed on the seventh season of Austria's Next Topmodel, where she placed third.
- ^ In episode 1, Hody and Lena were eliminated outside of judging panel following their poor performance for that week's runway challenge. They received no challenge score, and did not take part in that week's photo shoot. At the main elimination, Adela, Vy and Han had a tied score but were called individually.
- ^ In episode 5, Pim was switched from Team Tu to Team Monika.
- "The search for Asia's next top model returns". www.thesundaily.my. Archived from the original on 2018-09-01. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Post, The Jakarta. "Asia's Next Top Model 6 reveals names of contestants". The Jakarta Post.
- "Models". Fox Life - Asia's Next Top Model.
- "Asia's Next Top Model Season 6's 14 Contestants Officially Revealed". Hype Malaysia. 19 July 2018.
- "Lena". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Hody". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Sharnie". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Iko". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Jesslyn". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Rubini". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Han". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Jachin". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Thanh Vy". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Pim". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Beauty". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Adela". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Mia". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Dana". Fox Life. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "WATCH: Angela Lehmann Crowned Winner of Philippines Next Top Model High Street | Pinoy Ambisyoso". Pinoy Ambisyoso. 30 May 2017.
- "Philippines' Next Top Model Cycle 2 Winner is Angela Lehmann!". PADDYLAST INC. 30 May 2017.
- "Angela Lehmann Wins Philippines' Next Top Model | Preview.ph". Preview.ph.
- News, Taiwan. "Mixed-race model represents Taiwan in Asia&rs... | Taiwan News". Taiwan News.
- Austria, Regionalmedien. "Wienerin Mia will "Austria´s next Topmodel" werden". meinbezirk.at (in German).
- "Austrias Next Topmodel: Medialer Selbstmord - Das Popfenster". Das Popfenster (in German). 20 January 2016.