|Assembly||Slovakia: Bratislava (Volkswagen Bratislava Plant)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Full-size luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Transmission||8-speed Tiptronic automatic|
|Wheelbase||2,995 mm (117.9 in)|
|Length||4,986 mm (196.3 in)|
|Width||1,995 mm (78.5 in)|
|Height||1,705 mm (67.1 in)|
|Curb weight||2,145 kg (4,729 lb)|
BMW launched its crossover coupe in 2008, the BMW X6, and Mercedes-Benz followed suit in 2015 with the GLE-Class Coupe. Audi never made a direct competitor, but had been planning to once the new bodystyle became a sales success for other brands.
In May 2018, Audi started a cinematic styled miniseries that teases the Audi Q8 in five short episodes. The car made its first full appearance in the fifth episode, presented on a special microsite and shown to the public at the Audi China Brand Summit in Shenzhen.
The Q8 was launched in Malaysia in March 2019 where it is powered by a 3.0L TFSI engine with Quattro.
The Audi Q8 will be the first SUV model under Audi's new head of design, Marc Lichte, and it will introduce a new design language for the brand's SUVs. The grill is larger and now has an octagonal shape, with both vertical and horizontal slats, and the character lines of the Q8 are inspired by the Audi Quattro rally car from the 1980s. The Audi Q8 features full-laser headlamps and taillamps, the first-ever in a crossover or SUV. The interior features the knob-less MMI system, three touch screens and an enlarged virtual cockpit which has a fully digital instrument cluster. Additionally, both haptic and acoustic feedback are provided in response to user inputs.
The Q8 is slightly shorter in terms of both length and height when compared to the Q7 and is slightly wider than it. It also has less cargo space than the Q7, and unlike the Q7, the Q8 lacks third-row seats. 
|55 TFSI||45 TDI||50 TDI|
@ 5200-6400 rpm
@ 3500-4000 rpm
|Maximum torque, N · m / lb-ft at rpm|
|Type of drive|
|Top speed||144.8 mph (233 km/h)|
152 mph (245 km/h)
|Acceleration 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h)||7.1 s|
|Fuel consumption /100 km||6.4 - 6.7 L|
- "2019 Audi Q8 Features and Specs". Audi USA. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "Exterior dimensions of Q8".
- "Audi Group Interim Financial Report", January 1 to June 30, 2017 
- Kable, Greg (13 February 2017). "2018 Audi Q8 - new pics of flagship SUV". Autocar. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Perez, Jeff (10 May 2018). "2019 Audi Q8: Everything We Know". Motor1.com. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- Sheehan, Sam. "Striking Audi Q8 concept previews 2018 flagship model". Autocar. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Audi Q8 Concept". Audi AG. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Q8 Unleashed". Audi AG. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "Audi Q8 3.0 TFSI quattro now in M'sia, from RM728k". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2019-03-04. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "Audi virtual cockpit". Audi USA. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- Turpen, Aaron (6 June 2018). "Audi tops its SUV range with Q8". New Atlas.
- Atiyeh, Clifford (5 June 2018). "Orange Crush: 2019 Audi Q8 Revealed". Car & Driver.
Audi car timeline, North American market (1980–present)
|Compact car||A3 (8P)||A3 / S3 (8V)|
|4000 (81)||80 / 90 (89)||90 (8C)||A4 (8D/8E/8H/8K)||A4 (8W)|
|4000 CS quattro||S4 (8D/8E/8H/8K)||S4 (8W)|
|Mid-size car||5000 (43)||5000 (44)||100 / 200 (44)||100 (4A)||A6 (4A)||A6 (4B)||A6 (4F)||A6 (4G)||A6|
|Ur-S4||Ur-S6||S6 (4B)||S6 (4F)||S6 (4G)|
|Full-size car||V8 (4C)||A8 / S8 (4D)||A8 / S8 (4E)||A8 / S8 (4H)||A8|
|Coupé||Coupé (81)||Coupe Quattro (89)||A5 / S5 (8T)||A5 / S5|
|TT Coupé (8N)||TT Coupé (8J)||TT Coupé (8S)|
|Roadster||TT Roadster (8N)||TT Roadster (8J)||TT Roadster (8S)|
|Convertible||Cabriolet (8G)||A4 Cabriolet / S4 Cabriolet (8H)||A5 / S5 (8F)||A5 / S5|
|Sports car||Quattro (Ur-Quattro)||RS6 (4B)||RS4 (8E/8H)|
|Crossover||allroad quattro (4Z)||allroad (8K)||A4 allroad (8W)|
|Compact SUV||Q3 (8U)||Q3|
|Q5 (8R)||Q5 (FY)|
|Mid-size SUV||Q7 (4L)||Q7 (4M)|