Founded in 1980
North Augusta, South Carolina
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||South Atlantic League (1980–present)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||San Francisco Giants (2005–present)|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (4)||
|Division titles (1)||2008|
|Nickname||Augusta GreenJackets (1994–present)|
|Colors||Dark green, green, gold, black, white
|Ballpark||SRP Park (2018–present)|
|Agon Sports Entertainment, LLC.|
|General Manager||Tom Denlinger|
The Augusta GreenJackets are a Minor League Baseball team of the South Atlantic League, and they are the Class A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. They play their home games at SRP Park in North Augusta, South Carolina, which opened in April 2018. They previously played at Lake Olmstead Stadium which had been the home of the GreenJackets from 1995 to 2017. The team is named in honor of The Masters golf tournament held across the river in Augusta, Georgia, where the winner receives a green jacket.
Before the Giants took over the club's affiliation after the 2004 season, the GreenJackets were a part of the Boston Red Sox organization. Prior to that, the Red Sox replaced the Pittsburgh Pirates in Augusta. The GreenJackets boast third baseman Kevin Youkilis and Dustin Pedroia as the only prospects to make the Red Sox roster, although knuckle baller Tim Wakefield pitched there in 1989 with the Pirates organization. The Red Sox' relationship with Augusta met with immediate success when the GreenJackets won the South Atlantic League championship in their first year as an affiliate team.
The GreenJackets play in SRP Park, a 4,782-seat stadium which opened on April 12, 2018. SRP Park is part of a development featuring apartments, a senior living facility, office space, a hotel, and a beer garden. The North Augusta-based SRP Financial Credit Union purchased the naming rights to the ballpark.
SRP Park replaced Lake Olmstead Stadium as the home of the GreenJackets. Lake Olmstead Stadium was built primarily as a baseball facility between 1994 and 1995. The stadium seated 4,400 with nearly 1,000 box seats, 830 reserved seats, over 2,000 general admission seats.
- Moisés Alou MLB All-Star
- Bronson Arroyo MLB All-Star
- Madison Bumgarner 4 x MLB All-Star; 2014 World Series Most Valuable Player
- Carlos García MLB All-Star
- Clint Courtney (1948)
- Fred Gladding (1958)
- Brian Horwitz,
- Ralph Houk (1941) Manager: 1961 & 1962 World Series Champion - New York Yankees
- Roberto Kelly (2007, MGR) 2 x MLB All-Star
- Jason Kendall (1993) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Jon Lester (2003) 4 x MLB All-Star
- Orlando Merced (1988)
- Brandon Moss (2004) MLB All-Star
- Wally Moses (1931) 2 x MLB All-Star
- Aramis Ramirez (1996) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Dustin Pedroia (2004) 4 x MLB All Star; 2007 AL Rookie of the Year; 2008 AL Most Valuable Player
- Hanley Ramírez (2003) MLB All-Star; 2009 NL Batting Title; 2006 NL Rookie of the Year
- Sergio Romo (2006) MLB All-Star
- Freddy Sanchez (2000) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Pablo Sandoval (2006) 2 x MLB All-Star; 2012 World Series Most Valuable Player
- Brian Wilson (2005) 3 x MLB All-Star
- Tim Wakefield (1999) MLB All-Star
- Rube Walker (1962)
- Tony Womack (1992) MLB All-Star
- Kevin Youkilis (2001-2002) 3 x MLB All-Star
Augusta GreenJackets roster
60-day disabled list
7-day disabled list
- "SRP Park Playing Field Takes Shape". BallParkDigest.com. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Mock, Joe (January 27, 2018). "Ballpark Update". Baseball Parks. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Smith, Michael (May 19, 2017). "North Augusta Baseball Stadium Suites Sell Out". Aiken Standard. Retrieved August 26, 2017.
- Reichard, Kevin (August 22, 2017). "New for 2018: SRP Park". Ballpark Digest. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- "2008 MiLBY Awards". MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Retrieved 2012-04-08.