||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Member of the India Parliament
|Born||12 February 1950 (age 67)
Bombay, Bombay State, India
(now Mumbai, Maharashtra)
|Political party||All India United Democratic Front (2013 to present)|
|Spouse(s)||Rehana Badruddin Ajmal|
He established the Assam United Democratic Front (AUDF), now the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) and consolidated its position in Indian politics especially in Assam. He is also the president of the Assam State Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind and a member of the advisory board of Darul Uloom Deoband.
He is also the founding President of NGO Markazul Ma'arif which runs schools, orphanages, hospitals and other social, educational and economic developmental activities in the country. The organization was founded in 1982 and works in Assam and other northeast states in the fields of illiteracy, poverty and basic immunization.
He is the Managing Trustee of Haji Abdul Majid Memorial (HAMM) Public Trust, Hojai. This trust is best known for the charitable hospital, Haji Abdul Majid Memorial Hospital and Research Center at Hojai, Assam.
In 2006 election for Assam Legislative Assembly, he was elected simultaneously from two constituencies — South Salmara and Jamunamukh — by a large margin of votes, and was also elected as the leader of the AUDF Legislative Party which altogether won 10 seats in its maiden electoral fight.
- AIUDF President
- 15th Lok sabha members, Assam, India
- "Himanta Biswa Sarma: In this Assam election, Bangladeshi immigrants want their own CM too".
- http://www.aiudf.org AIUDF Official Website
- TNN (5 October 2013). "Ajmal re-elected Assam Jamiat chief". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "22 Indians among world’s influential Muslims - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- Bioprofile of 15th Lok Sabha members, India
- Ajmal Foundation
- AUDF may join UPA, The Hindu
- "Assam Muslims blame perfume baron for unrest". Hindustan Times. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012.
|Party political offices|
|Leader of the All India United Democratic Front Party in the 16th Lok Sabha