|Minister of State Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
9 November 2014
8 September 1952 |
Barahiya, Lakhisarai, Bihar
|Alma mater||Magadh University|
Giriraj Singh is a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) politician from Barahiya, Bihar, India. He is the Member of Parliament from the Nawada constituency in the 16th Lok Sabha, and a former minister in the cabinet of Nitish Kumar.He is a minister of state in MSME ministry. (Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises)
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Giriraj Singh, son of Ramavtar Singh, born in Barahiya, Lakhisarai district of Bihar. He Graduated From Magadh University in 1971. He is presently a State Minister of " Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises ", MP from Nawada Constituency(2014 Indian General Election) and one of the politician representing Bharatiya Janata Party. He is presently 16th member of Bhartiya Janata Party in Bihar State and actively served in Cabinet of Bihar as Co-operative Minister (2005-2010) and Animal Husbandry Minister (2010-2013) .
Singh served the Cabinet of Bihar as co-oprative minister from 2005-2010 & Animal Husbandry minister from 2010 to 2013. He has been a staunch supporter of Narendra Modi from the beginning. He publicly supported Modi for Prime Minister from long time. He was among the eleven BJP ministers who were dismissed by Nitish Kumar as a result of breaking of JDU-BJP alliance. He is a member of Bihar State Bharatiya Janata Party's 16-member state election committee.
In April 2016, he kicked up a controversy with his remark stating that the population should be controlled by ensuring that people of all religions have the same number of children in the family. In October 2016, he stroke up a controversy urging Hindus to produce more children. Again on 4th November 2016, Giriraj Singh stressed that the Hindus in India need to increase their population in the country.
- 2002 - May 2014 : Member, State Legislative Council
- 2008 - 2010 : Cooperative Minister, Govt. of Bihar
- 2010 - 2013 : Minister, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Resource Development
- May, 2014 : Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 9 November 2014 : Member, Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament.
- Sep. 2014 - 9 November 2014 : Member, Standing Committee on Labour
- 9 November 2014 onwards : Union Minister of State, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Singh, Abhay (11 January 2014). "State BJP forms 16-member election panel". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Giriraj Singh kicks up row over population control remark". ABP Live. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Union Minister Giriraj Singh Urges Hindus To 'Increase Their Population'". NDTV. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Union Minister Giriraj Singh urges Hindus should to increase their population - Firstpost". Firstpost. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- From Official website Indian Government