|Minister of State (Independent Charge),|
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Assumed office |
3 September 2017
|Preceded by||Kalraj Mishra|
|Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
9 November 2014 – 3 September 2017
|Member of Parliament|
Assumed office |
16 May 2017
|Preceded by||Dr. Bhola Singh|
|Member of Legislative Council, Bihar|
2002 – May 2014
8 September 1952|
Barahiya, Bihar, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Alma mater||Magadh University|
Giriraj Singh (born 8 September 1952) is an Indian politician and the current Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the Government of India. He is the Member of Parliament from the Nawada parliamentary constituency in the 16th Lok Sabha, and formerly serves as Minister of Cooperative, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Resource Development in the Government of Bihar.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Giriraj Singh, son of Ramavtar Singh, born in Barahiya, Lakhisarai district of Bihar. He Graduated From Magadh University in 1971. He is presently a State Minister (independent charge) of " Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises ", MP from Nawada Constituency(2014 Indian General Election) and one of the politician representing Bharatiya Janata Party. He is presently 16th member of Bhartiya Janata Party in Bihar State and actively served in Cabinet of Bihar as Co-operative Minister (2005-2010) and Animal Husbandry Minister (2010-2013) .
Singh served the Cabinet of Bihar as co-operative minister from 2005-2010 & Animal Husbandry minister from 2010 to 2013. He has been a staunch supporter of Narendra Modi from the beginning. He publicly supported Modi for Prime Minister from long time. He was among the eleven BJP ministers who were dismissed by Nitish Kumar as a result of breaking of JDU-BJP alliance. He is a member of Bihar State Bharatiya Janata Party's 16-member state election committee.
In April 2016, he kicked up a controversy with his remark stating that the population should be controlled by ensuring that people of all religions have the same number of children in the family. In October 2016, he stroke up a controversy urging Hindus to produce more children. Again on 4 November 2016, Giriraj Singh stressed that the Hindus in India need to increase their population in the country.
- 2002 - May 2014 : Member, State Legislative Council
- 2008 - 2010 : Cooperative Minister, Govt. of Bihar
- 2010 - 2013 : Minister, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Resource Development
- May, 2014 : Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 9 November 2014 : Member, Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament.
- Sep. 2014 - 9 November 2014 : Member, Standing Committee on Labour
- 9 November 2014 : Union Minister of State, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- 4 September 2017 onward : Union Minister of State (Independent charge) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Singh, Abhay (11 January 2014). "State BJP forms 16-member election panel". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Giriraj Singh kicks up row over population control remark". ABP Live. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Union Minister Giriraj Singh Urges Hindus To 'Increase Their Population'". NDTV. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Union Minister Giriraj Singh urges Hindus should to increase their population - Firstpost". Firstpost. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- From Official website Indian Government
| Member of Parliament
2014 – Present
| Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3 September 2017 – Present
Ministers of State (Independent charge)