S1 line (Beijing Subway)
S1 Line under test.
|Type||Rapid Transit, Maglev|
(Extended to Pingguoyuan in 2019)
|Opened||December 30, 2017|
|Operator(s)||Beijing Mass Transit Railway Operation Co., Ltd|
|Line length||8.25 kilometres (5.13 mi)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph)|
S1 Line (Chinese: S1线; pinyin: S-yī Xiàn) of the Beijing Subway is a rapid transit line. It uses the technology of low-speed maglev. It is operated by the Beijing Mass Transit Railway Operation Co., Ltd. The line was opened on December 30, 2017.
The S1 Line designation is a holdover from a defunct plan to build several suburban railway lines in Beijing. S1 Line was envisioned to reuse the Jingmen Railway connecting Cishousi to Mentougou. The plan was abandoned and the section between Pingguoyuan and Cishousi was replaced with Phase 3 of Line 6, and the other part of the line replaced with the Maglev S1 Line.
S1 Line is part of Beijing's attempts to tackle environmental problems caused by heavy car use, coal burning and fast urbanisation. Another reason is that many cities are reportedly upgrading their urban rail systems and introducing green technologies - unlike diesel or coal electric trains do not produce direct emissions.
|Station Name||Connections||Nearby Bus Stops||Distance
|Shichang||石厂||931 948 959 960||0.00||0.00||Mentougou|
|Xiaoyuan||小园||890 960 965 981 994||1.29||1.29|
|Jin'anqiao||金安桥||325 336 337 358 370 396 472 489 892 929 931 941 941快 948 959 961 977 BRT4 (快速公交4) BRT4支 (快速公交4支) 运通101 运通112 运通116||2.73||8.25||Shijingshan|
- "北京市规划建6条市郊铁路 速度比地铁快一倍(图)-搜狐财经". business.sohu.com. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- "S1 line of Beijing subway to use maglev trains". eBeijing, the Official Website of the Beijing Government. Archived from the original on 20 September 2013.
- NAN, ZHONG (19 February 2014). "Maglev trains speeding toward greener future". China Daily Asia. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Beijing's first maglev train plans to open in 2012". People's Daily Online.
- "Nation New maglev line to connect western Beijing". People's Daily Online.
- "Beijing's 1st maglev train to start construction".