Belmont Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1855|
|• Total||36.33 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.33 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,497|
|• Density||71.9/sq mi (27.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60953, 60966, 60970, 60974|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.33 square miles (94.1 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Belmont, Body, Iroquois Memorial Park and Keen.
Airports and landing strips
- Newman Landing Strip
- Legion Park
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District 9
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Belmont Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.