|Elevation||4,742 m (15,558 ft)|
|Literal meaning||Payik Pass|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||Beyik Pass|
|Tajik||Ағбаи Беик[verification needed]|
The Beyik Pass, also written and Payik Pass and Bayik Pass, is a mountain pass in the Sarikol Range between Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Province in Tajikistan and the Taghdumbash Pamir region of Tashkurgan Tajik Autonomous County in Xinjiang, China. It is situated at an elevation of 4,742 metres (15,558 ft). There is an ethnic Kyrgyz village on the Chinese side with the same name (Chinese: 排依克村), though the village is more commonly referred to by a different name in Chinese (Chinese: 阿特加依里村) and Beyik is reserved for the border guard outpost.
That path is in the historic region of Badakhshan. In the 1890s, the Chinese, Russian, and Afghan governments signed a series of agreements that divided Badakhshan, but China contested the result of the division. The dispute was eventually settled in 2002 when Tajikistan and China signed a border agreement.
The path is difficult to traverse all year round. It is snow covered during the winter months. The snow persists until May. During the summer months, the melting causes the streams to overflow. The entire valley on the Chinese side is closed to visitors; however, local residents and herders from the area are permitted to access.
- Stein, M. Aurel (1907). Ancient Khotan: Detailed Report of Archaeological Explorations in Chinese Turkestan. vol. 1. Oxford, UK: Clarendon Press. p. 31.
the Payik or Bayik Pass is the most frequent and easiest
- (in Chinese) 中华人民共和国和塔吉克斯坦共和国关于中塔国界的补充协定 [China-Tajikistan Border Agreement]. Wikisource. 2002-05-17. "原苏联地图为4742.0米别伊克山口"
- 杨雪梅 (2016-09-09). "穿越瓦罕走廊（且行且思）" [Through the Wakhan Corridor]. people.gov.cn (in Chinese). People's Daily. Retrieved 2017-02-05.
- 赵戈 (2016-06-13). "瓦罕走廊转场日记". xj.xinhuanet.com (in Chinese). Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 2017-02-05.
- 于淑娟 (2014-12-24). "访谈︱侯杨方：追寻玄奘，在帕米尔复原丝绸之路". The Paper (thepaper.cn) (in Chinese). Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- "China's Territorial and Boundary Affairs". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the People's Republic of China. 2003-06-30. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- 柯文浩 (June 2013). "穿越帕米尔：复原玄奘之路" [Crossing the Pamir: Recovering the Path of Xuanzang]. Fudan University School of Management Journal. Fudan University. p. 103. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
该山口海拔 4500米，时近 5月仍积雪覆盖，冰河封冻，且冰河穿过狭谷，夏季此处将被高涨的河水没过，不利行走。
- "记者组在瓦罕走廊感受中国边防". china.huanqiu.com (in Chinese). Global Times. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
|This Tajikistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Xinjiang location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|