Bishop of Aston
The Bishop of Aston is an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Church of England Diocese of Birmingham, in the Province of Canterbury, England. The title takes its name after Aston, an area of the City of Birmingham. The suffragan bishop of Aston assists the diocesan bishop of Birmingham, sharing Episcopal oversight throughout the diocese.
List of bishops
|Bishops of Aston|
|1954||1961||Michael Parker||Translated to Bradford.|
|1982||1985||Michael Whinney||Translated to Southwell.|
|1985||1989||Colin Buchanan||Translated to Woolwich.|
|1992||2005||John Austin |
|2008||2014||Andrew Watson ||Translated to Guildford, 24 November 2014.|
|29 September 2015||present||Anne Hollinghurst|||
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 (100th edition), Church House Publishing (ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0).
- Birmingham Diocese – Director of Communications
- Diocese of Birmingham — Anne Hollinghurst announced as next Bishop of Aston (Accessed 2 July 2015)
- Diocese of St Albans — St Albans Vicar to be Bishop of Aston (Accessed 2 July 2015)
- Obituary: The Rt Revd John Austin. Retrieved on 3 June 2008.
- A September full of Promise and Expectation.Retrieved on 2 September 2008.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 945. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|