Bishop of Bradford
The Bishop of Bradford is an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Church of England Diocese of Leeds, in the Province of York, England. The title takes its name after Bradford, a city in West Yorkshire.
Upon the creation of the Diocese of Leeds on 20 April 2014, the diocesan see was dissolved and its diocese's territory added to the new diocese, within which there is a newly created suffragan see for the Area Bishop of Bradford. On 26 August 2014, it was announced that Toby Howarth was to become the first area bishop of Bradford; he was consecrated on 17 October.
List of bishops
|Bishops of Bradford|
|April 2014||1 December 2014||Tom Butler (Acting)||Acting bishop between diocese's erection and Howarth taking up the post.|
|17 October 2014||present||Toby Howarth|||
- The Church of England – Synod approves new Diocese of Leeds for West Yorkshire and The Dales
- The Dioceses of Bradford, Ripon and Leeds and Wakefield Reorganisation Scheme 2013 p. 5 (Accessed 4 February 2014)
- "New Bishops announced for West Yorkshire and Dales" (Press release). Diocese of Leeds. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- The Transformation Programme – Archbishop appoints interim area bishops (Accessed 10 January 2014)
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (Third ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 230. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- "Historical successions: Bradford". Crockford's Clerical Directory. Retrieved 6 January 2012.