2.1.0 / June 27, 2016
|Operating system||Android, iOS|
Bluefire Reader is an e-book reader application for Android (superseded by Cloudshelf Reader), iOS and Windows operating systems that supports white-labelling. It supports the EPUB and PDF formats for digital publications and incorporates facilities for browsing online catalogs, and downloading them directly into the user's personal library. The application features a library that lets users navigate their collection of eBooks, as well as provides a customizable reading experience through configurable font and background color, font size and type, margin size, display brightness, page turn mode, etc. Additionally, the application allows users to import their own books to read them on the go.
- In-app browsing and downloading capability
- Read detailed descriptions before purchase & download
- Adjust front, background, link, layout & text alignment
- Day/Night themes: switch between day/night mode when reading in high/low-luminosity areas
- Brightness Control
- Customizable navigation modes
- Full support for Table of Contents
- Bookmarks: allows users to create their own bookmarks anywhere in a book to remember sections of interest
- Progress: allows users to check their reading progress in a chapter and in a book
- Share: allows users to recommend books to others via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS...
- The reading engine automatically adjusts to the size of the device’s display
- Library management: books can be organized by Collections
- Edit detailed book information (title, author, tag, collection, rating)
- Sort books by title, author, download late, last read date or rating
- Import: allows users to import their own books to read them on the go
- Open images within a book in a separate viewer
- Open links within a book on browser
- Full text search: allows users to search any word globally within a book
- Dictionary lookup: allows users to look up any word definition in an online dictionary using Google define.
- Option to lock display orientation on iOS
- Option to set text alignment to left, justify or right
- Go To: allows users to quickly access any position within a book
- Support for Adobe DRM
- Martellaro, John. "Bluefire E-book Reader for iPad: Beautiful & Full Featured". The Mac Observer. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Miller, Matthew. "The iPad may be the best universal ebook reader thanks to Bluefire Reader". ZDNet. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Your Brand. Your App on Windows!". BluefireReader.com. Archived from the original on 2014-11-04. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Bluefire Releases New Reader App For Windows PC". The eBook Reader. July 14, 2014.
- Bluefirereader.com, Bluefire Reader's official website
- Bluefire Cloudshelf Reader, Google Play Store Link (Free)
- iOS App Store Link (Free)