This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||February 6, 2012|
|Network||China Global Television Network|
|Owned by||China Central Television|
|MHz Networks||Check Local Listings|
|Dish Network||Channel 279|
|Available on some cable systems||Check Local Listings|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 3602|
|CGTN America||Live Stream|
CGTN America is the American division of CGTN. CGTN is the collection of international language news channels run by China Media Group. It is based in Washington, D.C. and manages bureaus across North and South America. The service employs a mix of American, international and Chinese journalists and produces Americas-based programming with a focus on Asia for CGTN.
CGTN America is led by director general Ma Jing with veteran Asia journalist Jim Laurie as executive consultant. It began broadcasting on February 6, 2012, replacing the former English language CCTV 9 in the region.
- DC: Mike Walter, Anand Naidoo, Asieh Namdar, Elaine Reyes, Rachelle Akuffo, Susan E. Roberts, | Phillip TK Yin (former anchor),
North America Correspondents
News and Documentary Emmy® Awards
|2016||Jen Bricker: When “Can’t” is a Four-Letter Word||Outstanding Feature in a News Magazine|
2016 New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards
|Gold||Jen Bricker: When Can't is a Four-Letter Word||Television - News: Reports/Features||Human Interest|
|Silver||On Thin Ice: People of the North||Television - Craft: Program||Best Camerawork|
|Silver||Reinventing Cuba||Television - Documentary/Information Program||Human Concerns|
|Silver||Jen Bricker: When Can't is a Four-Letter Word||Television - News: Reports/Features||Heroes|
|Bronze||Reinventing Cuba||Television - Documentary/Information Program||Heroes|
|Bronze||No Strings Attached: Puppets Supporting Children Throughout the World||Television - Documentary/Information Program||The Arts|
2015 New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards
|Gold||Haiti steps up health care measures to fight disease||Best Coverage of a Continuing News Story|
|Bronze||Anand Naidoo||Best News Anchor|
|Bronze||Afghanistan Re-born?||Best Coverage of a Continuing News Story|
- The World Today - Breaking news from around the world – with special emphasis on North and South America. Airs weekdays at 2, 3, 5, 6:30 and 8PM US Eastern time.
- Global Business – Global news and analysis, is aimed at combining reporting of economic and financial issues in North and South America with those from China and the Asian region. Anchored by Rachelle Akuffo from CGTN's studios in Washington, D.C. Airs Monday-Friday 4:00 PM to 4:30pm and 7-8PM US Eastern time.
- The Heat – Daily news and current affairs show that features often heated discussions on global affairs. Airs weekdays at 6PM US Eastern time.
- Americas Now – CGTN's premiere news magazine broadcast, features original reporting throughout the Americas. The program was developed and It was launched by Senior Producer Barbara Dury.
- Full Frame - A weekly talk magazine that explores current events, culture and social issues from a global perspective.
- "CCTV America Initiates New Programming From Washington, D.C." (Press release). CCTV. 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-08.[permanent dead link]
- "Chinese state TV starts American service this week". Associated Press. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Wang, Xi (2012-02-06). "About CCTV America". CNTV. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Hernández, Javier C. (2016-02-05). "Ties to Chinese State Media Raise Questions in U.S. Election Campaign". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "37th Annual News and Documentary Emmy® Awards". Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "New York Festivals - World's Best TV & Films 2016". Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "New York Festivals - World Best TV & Films 2015".