One America News Network
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|One America News Network|
|Launched||July 4, 2013|
|Owned by||Herring Networks|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV) 16:9
(HD feed downgraded to letterboxed 480i for SDTVs)
|Slogan||Your Nation, Your News|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|DirecTV||Channel 347 (HD/SD)|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 116 (SD)
Channel 616 (HD)
|Available on select other US cable systems||Consult your local cable provider for channel availability|
|CenturyLink Prism||Channel 208 (SD)
Channel 1208 (HD)
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 208 (SD)
Channel 1208 (HD)
One America News Network (abbreviated as OANN), commonly referred to as One America News (abbreviated as OAN), is an American cable news television channel that is owned by Herring Networks, Inc.. The network is headquartered in San Diego, California, and operates a news bureau in Washington, D.C.
Originally envisioned as a conservative-oriented news network, OAN's stated focus is delivering a credible source of national and international news 24/7. OAN features news programming and political talk shows, along with network special documentary-style reports. Its news coverage attempts to maintain objectivity while its political talk shows illustrate a strong conservative view.
The channel was launched on July 4, 2013. One America has limited national carriage on Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse, along with a number of regional cable providers, including CenturyLink, Consolidated Communications, and GCI. As of 2015, it is available in 15 million homes. On April 5, 2017, DIRECTV started carrying OAN on channel 347.
Herring Networks, Inc., an independent and family-owned national video programming company owns and operates OAN and sister channel AWE (formerly WealthTV; the initialism being an acronym for "A Wealth of Entertainment"). When the network began in 2013 it had a limited partnership with The Washington Times.
In July 2014, OAN relocated its news and production studios out of The Washington Times Building to its new location at 101 Constitution Avenue NW, near the United States Capitol. The move ended OAN's relationship with The Washington Times, which provided news & analysis, as well as a lease space arrangement, for the network. While its Washington Bureau was previously located within the Times building, OAN remains solely owned and operated, including all editorial control, by Herring Networks, Inc.
Charles Herring, in an interview in CPAC, said “Fox is a great platform, a lot of conservatives like it, it gets outstanding ratings. There is nothing wrong with Fox. The problem is that if you take the channel lineup, the sources of national news tend to lean to the left…and all we have is Fox.”
Regularly scheduled programming
- One America News – the network's flagship newscast airs daily around the clock.
- The Daily Ledger – political talk and discussion with Graham Ledger
- Tipping Point – hosted by Liz Wheeler
- Addicted to Money
- Behind The Name
- Branded (with Haley Press)
- Escape From Iran
- Focal Point
- Foreign Correspondent
- Islamic State
- Jihad: The Grand Deception
- Target America
- On Point was hosted by Tomi Lahren until she left the network. Sarah Palin was named as an interim host.
- Mike Dinow – weekday evenings
- Lilia Fifield – weekday mornings
- Jennifer Franco – weekday evenings
- Kaushal Patel – weekday evenings
- Ryan Hoefle – weekend mornings
- Stephanie Myers – weekend mornings
- Greta Wall – weekend afternoons
- Tabitha Lipkin – weekend evenings
- Sarah Pilla – weekend afternfoons
- Liz Wheeler; weekday evenings
- "One America News Cable News Network Announces Debut in Collaboration with The Washington Times". The Washington Times. May 30, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Herring Plans to Launch New Conservative News Network". The Wall Street Journal. March 14, 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Press Kit: one sheet for One America News Network" (PDF). OANN.com (Press release). Herring Networks, Inc. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- Roller, Emma (March 17, 2015). "How one TV channel is positioning itself to be the next Fox News". National Journal. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "One America News Network gains Broad National Carriage on AT&T U-verse TV". The Wall Street Journal. April 24, 2014. Archived from the original on April 27, 2014. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Harper, Jennifer. "The Washington Times extending reach with cable network". The Washington Times. Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "One America News Network, New Conservative Cable Channel, Sets Launch". The Daily Beast. March 14, 2013.
- "Shows". One America News Network. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "OAN Personalities". One America News Network. Retrieved June 12, 2015.