Carramar railway station
Eastbound view in November 2007
|Location||Wattle Avenue, Carramar|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||25.89 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||8 October 1924|
|Previous names||South Fairfield|
To the south of the station lies the Southern Sydney Freight Line that opened in January 2013.
Platforms & services
Historically Carramar was served by services from the city and Lidcombe operating to Liverpool. This changed in the early 2000s, when most services to Liverpool were altered to operate via Bankstown. Today Carramar is served by T3 Bankstown line services terminating at Liverpool and three Liverpool - City via Strathfield services on weekdays.
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Lidcombe||2 services on weekdays|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|2||services to Liverpool||1 service on weekdays|
|services to Liverpool|
- Carramar Station NSWrail.net
- Carramar Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "60 Years Ago" Railway Digest July 1986 page 222
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].