Chris Sacca at Defrag 2009 in Denver
May 12, 1975 |
Lockport, New York, U.S.
|Net worth||US$1.07 billion (June 2015)|
Christopher Sacca (born May 12, 1975) is a Silicon Valley venture investor, public speaker, private equity adviser, and former employee of Google Inc. He is an investor in Twitter and Uber. His brother is comedian Brian Sacca. He is known for his signature embroidered cowboy shirts.
Sacca graduated with honor from Georgetown University Law Center where he was a member of The Tax Lawyer law review and was honored as the school’s Philip A. Ryan and Ralph J. Gilbert Memorial Scholar. He also graduated with honor from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and was an Edmund Evans Memorial Scholar as well as a Weeks Family Foundation Scholar.
Sacca served as Head of Special Initiatives at Google Inc. At Google he led the alternative access and wireless divisions. His most publicly visible projects include Google’s 700 MHz and TV white spaces spectrum initiatives, Google's data center in Oregon, and Google’s free citywide WiFi network in Mountain View, California. Sacca also spearheaded many of Google’s business development and Mergers and acquisitions transactions. He was on the founding team of the company’s New Business Development organization.
Sacca manages venture capital firm Lowercase Capital. The portfolio consists mainly of consumer web, mobile, and wireless technology startups. Sacca was an angel investor in Twitter, Instagram, Kickstarter and Uber. Sacca disclosed on a recent Shark Tank episode that he passed on a chance to make an early investment in AirBnB.
Sacca has appeared as a guest shark on ABC's reality television show Shark Tank (Season 7, Episode 6), which aired on October 30, 2015. Sacca is also slated to appear once more during season 7, where he says "fireworks were flying" during a deal that involves Mark Cuban. Sacca also refused to wear a suit while filming Shark Tank, opting for his signature embroidered cowboy shirts.
Sacca dedicates much of his time to helping charity: water.
- "Chris Sacca". Forbes.
- "About Me". What is Left. Retrieved Oct 20, 2012.
- "The Zeitgeist of Brian Sacca". What is Left. Dec 6, 2005.
- Konrad, Alex (Mar 25, 2015). "How Super Angel Chris Sacca Made Billions, Burned Bridges And Crafted The Best Seed Portfolio Ever".
- Christopher Sacca. "Chris Sacca". Crunchbase. Retrieved Oct 20, 2012.
- "Chris Sacca". Lowercase Capital. Retrieved Oct 20, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Sacca.|
- Official website
- Chris Sacca on Twitter
- Marshall, Matt (Sep 20, 2006). "Chris Sacca latest Google angel investor". Venture Beat.
- Tim Ferriss interview with Chris Sacca
-  (Birthday)
- Studio 1.0 host Emily Chang sits down with Chris Sacca, founder and chairman of Lowercase Capital, June 12, 2015 (Source: Bloomberg)