Da Boom Crew
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Da Boom Crew|
|Created by||Bruce Smith
John P. White
|Developed by||Jambalaya Studios|
|Directed by||T.J. House
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of episodes||13 (9 left unaired in the US)|
|Executive producer(s)||Thomas Wilhite
John P. White
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hyperion Pictures
|Original network||Cartoon Network UK, Kids' WB|
|Original release||September 11 – October 2, 2004|
A press release by Animation Magazine claimed a second season had been in production. However, it was never completed.
Four children create a homemade video game, and a supernatural vortex sucks them into a world similar to their game. The show details their adventures in this parallel world. They embark on a quest to find their missing game cartridges and stop the villain Zorch from taking control of the cosmos.
Season 1: 2004
|Release Order||Title||Original US airdate||Episode Number|
|1||"Droppin' Da Bomb/It's Not Just a Game"||September 11, 2004||101|
|Justin and his friends are transported inside a video game world where they discover a parallel universe.|
|2||"Statue of Limitations"||September 18, 2004||102|
|Da Boom Crew arrives at a village and meet an alien. He says that the once fertile land is turning to dust. Da Boom Crew take a fruit basket to the Protector to save the planet.|
|3||"Junk Planet"||September 25, 2004||103|
|The Da Boom Crew travel to a planet filled with junk.|
|4||"Frogday Afternoon"||October 2, 2004||104|
|The Da Boom Crew are suspended for intruding on a frog festival.|
|The Da Boom Crew are mistaken for the notorious "Grargon Gang."|
|6||"Boom vs. Doom"||Unaired||106|
|A mad inventor traps the Boom Crew inside his massive ship in order to use the Boom Carts to power his ultimate doom weapons.|
|7||"Planet of Lost Lives"||Unaired||107|
|The Boom Crew encounter a friend from Earth on a creepy new planet.|
|The Boom Crew become workers in Hedlok's outer space mine when they try to reunite an alien baby with its parents.|
|9||"Ice Ice Planet"||Unaired||109|
|The Da Boom Crew land on an Ice planet but end up damaging a shield protecting villagers from the sheer cold and attempt to fix it.|
|10||"The Crimson Raider"||Unaired||110|
|Commander Blurp joins the Boom Crew on a mission to explore an ocean planet where a Boom Cart is suspected of creating havoc with the sea life. But things are complicated when the gang encounters a villainous space pilot known as the "Crimson Raider."|
|11||"The Legendary Meemawzaza"||Unaired||111|
|The Boom Crew encounters a legendary warrior and must complete a series of chores in order to procure a Boom Cart. But the kids' skills are put to the test when Hedlok and Etra arrive along with a villainous new weapon.|
|12||"The Hour of the Clipse: Part 1"||Unaired||112|
|As Planet Yodiggity prepares to celebrate Freedom Day, the Boom Crew embarks on a mission to retrieve supposedly the last Boom Cart where they encounter a group of young alien orphans and their mysterious leader, DEXX ARBOLEAN. In their absence Zorch manages to steal all the Boom carts they were saving.|
|13||"The Hour of the Clipse: Part 2"||Unaired||113|
|As Yodiggity celebrates Freedom Day, the Boom Crew embarks on their most dangerous mission yet. They infiltrate Zorch's ship and retrieve the stolen Boom Carts. The Boom Crew realize that the alien orphans' parents are still alive and are being kept captive by Zorch. As Zorch finally takes control of Yodiggity the Boom Crew meet up with DEXX and the other orphans requesting their help. The episode ends with DEXX stating he knows where they can find one final Boom Cart.|
- Justin - The leader and general of the crew. His weapons are two laser pistols and an arm slingshot.
- Nate - The ship's pilot and Justin's younger brother. The shortest & youngest in the group, he has short brown hair and wears a light blue top and blue jeans. He refers to himself as 'big daddy Nate' and has a fear of heights. His arsenal is a light sword given to him as a present by the yo-diggians for helping save commander Blurp.
- Jubei - He is a hoverboard rider, armed with a laser shotgun, and is a really accurate sharp shooter. If he misses a shot, he calls it the "kiki popo".
- Ricki - The gadget creator and genius of the gang. A blonde with a red top with matching trousers, grey boots, a blue wristband on her left wrist, and has ginger hair up in two pigtails. She is an expert with anything mechanical, uses a vast scientific knowledge when describing things, attacks using a metal staff, has a fear of water, and has romantic feelings for Justin.
- Dent - Dent is a robot which has been given to Ricki as a gift after she helped save commander Blurp. He resembles a flat screen computer with a hollow, metal, cylindrical body, has two robotic arms and moves around on a small set of wheels. He does not talk, but shows above average human intelligence and uses a series of beeps to communicate. A digital face portraying his mood is shown on the screen.
- "Great Commander" Blurp - Former War Commander of Yo-diggity in the war against Zorch. He says he is a brave commander, but his actions say otherwise.
- Zorch - He wishes to conquer the galaxy by gathering the Boom Cards. This character was voiced by Morris Day.
- Headlock - Cohort of Zorch. He wears a dome on his head because it is abnormally small. His assistant's name is Gerone.
- Hetra - Headlock's evil older sister. She and Commander Blurp were trainned by the same mentor.