Tom and Jerry Tales
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Created by||Joseph Barbera
|Written by||Joseph Barbera
|Directed by||Davian Martinez
|Voices of||Don Brown
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (whole)
78 (segments) (list of episodes)
|Executive producer(s)||Rob LaDuca|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Original channel||The CW|
16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||September 23, 2006– March 22, 2008|
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show|
|Related shows||Tom and Jerry|
Tom and Jerry Tales is an animated television series that ran in the United States from September 23, 2006 to March 22, 2008 on The CW, spanning 26 episodes and 2 seasons (with 13 episodes in each season). The series stars the title characters from the Tom and Jerry shorts, and also is the first made for television iteration of the cartoons to emulate the theatrical shorts. Tom and Jerry co-creator Joseph Barbera served as an executive producer before his death, as well as receiving story credit on some short cartoons, of the show's first season, produced by Warner Bros. Animation in 2005. Each episode consists of three short cartoons with approximately the same runtime as the original theatrical shorts. Also, each of the three shows that air in a 30 minute episode have some type of theme.
- Don Brown as Tom Cat, Droopy (season 1)
- Samuel Vincent as Jerry Mouse, Kid
- Michael Donovan as Spike, Droopy (season 2)
- Colin Murdock as Butch
- Reece Thompson (season 1), Chantal Strand (season 2) as Nibbles
- Nicole Oliver as Mammy Two Shoes (named as 'Mrs. Two Shoes' in Season 1-2)
- Tom Cat
- Jerry Mouse
- Mrs. Two Shoes
- Toodles Galore
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||13||September 23, 2006||February 3, 2007|
|2||13||September 22, 2007||March 22, 2008|
On October 31, 2006, a video game based on the show was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Developed by Sensory Sweep Studios, it was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and distributed by Eidos Interactive. The player plays as Jerry to get Tom in trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game such as the female robotic mouse from the short "Hi, Robot."
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One was released on October 3, 2006. The episodes include: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril. Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two was released on May 15, 2007. The episodes include: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb. Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Three was released on December 4, 2007. The episodes include: Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb it May Concern / Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat / Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics / Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat / Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar. Released in the UK as Volume Two.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four was released on March 11, 2008. The episodes include: Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch / More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom / Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo / Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love. Released in the UK as Volume Three.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Five was released on August 12, 2008. The episodes include: Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods / Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed / Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse / Bend it Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Six was released on February 3, 2009. The episodes include: The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat / Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse / DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco / You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow / Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volumes 1-3 was released on September 15, 2009. This collection includes the first three volumes.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: The Complete First Season, a two-disc set with the first thirteen episodes, was released on April 13, 2010. It was re-released on July 24, 2012 as part of Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary.
- Tom and Jerry: The Deluxe Anniversary Collection, a two-disc set (Game of Mouse & Cat only on disc 2), was released on June 22, 2010.
- Tom and Jerry Fun Pack, a three-disc set (Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One on disc 3), was released on June 28, 2011.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 2 was released on July 5, 2011. Four episodes include: Monster Con / The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / Which Witch! It was re-released on October 7, 2014 as Tom and Jerry and Friends: Volume 2.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 3 was released on October 4, 2011. Eight episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded / Northern Light Fish Fight / Doggone Hill Dog / Sasquashed / Snow Mouse / Spook House Mouse / Don't Bring Your Pet to School.
- Tom and Jerry: In a Dog House was released on March 6, 2012. Nine episodes include: 24 Karat Kat / Destruction Junction / Beefcake Tom / Bend It Like Thomas / Game Set Match / Feeding Time / DJ Jerry / Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
- Tom and Jerry: Summer Holidays was released on March 6, 2012. Two episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
- Baisley, Sarah. "Kids’ WB! on The CW 2006-2007 Saturday AM Schedule Launches Sept. 23". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. (October 31, 2006). "Tom and Jerry Tales Videogame Hits Stores Today, October 31" (Press release). Business Wire. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 1". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 2". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- DeMott, Rick (December 4, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales 3 Crashes Onto DVD". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Felix, Justin (May 19, 2008). "Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (August 11, 2008). "DVD Releases For August 12, 2008". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (February 2, 2009). "Madagascar 2, Oliver & Co., Space Buddies & Fear(s) of the Dark Hit DVD/Blu-ray". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- McCutcheon, David (January 8, 2010). "Tales of Tom and Jerry - The Complete First Season". IGN. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Official website
- Tom and Jerry Tales at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom and Jerry Tales at the Big Cartoon DataBase