|Town of Dalmeny|
|• Land||2.27 km2 (0.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||751.0/km2 (1,945/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
Dalmeny is a town in the central part of Saskatchewan, Canada, named after Dalmeny, Scotland. The town is located in the rural municipality of Corman Park, and is about 26.8 km north of Saskatoon. The Dominion Land Survey description of Dalmeny's location is Section 10 Tsp 39 Rge 6 W3.
The Dalmeny district was first settled around 1800; many of the early settlers were Mennonites. The town site developed in 1904-1905 with the arrival of the Canadian National Railways Carlton branch line and the Winnipeg - Edmonton Main Line. A year later, the post office opened, the first grain elevator was built, and a general store was established.
The village's population growth was slow until the 1970s, when it became known as a bedroom community for people working in Saskatoon. The population grew from 417 to 1064 between 1971 and 1981. In 1983, the village was incorporated as a town.
Both schools are part of Prairie Spirit School Division
Dalmeny SD#1681, Dalmeny Town SD# 2094, Rose Leaf SD #1681 and Willow Lake SD# 2081 were early one room school houses in this area.
The town of Dalmeny operates a police force which consists of three officers. The Dalmeny Police Service works in partnership with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police along with Corman Park Police Service. As well, the Saskatoon Police Service provide additional support if and when needed.
- "Dalmeny SK to Saskatoon SK, Canada." Google Maps. N.p., n.d. Web. <https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2Fmaps%2Fdir%2FDalmeny%2C%2BSK%2FSaskatoon%2C%2BSK%2F%4052.1741346%2C-106.6909189%2C12z%2Fdata%3D!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x53045b1155a13587%3A0x5ed4ef587a0c4e27!2m2!1d-106.7716398!2d52.3412398!1m5!1m1!1s0x5304f6bf47ed992b%3A0x5049e3295772690!2m2!1d-106.6700458!2d52.1332144>.
- David, McLennan (2006). "Dalmeny". Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan. Great Plains Research Center. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "Prairie View School". Prairie Spirit School Division. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Dalmeny High School". Prairie Spirit School Division. Retrieved 2010-02-28.