Darjeeling Sadar subdivision
|Darjeeling Sadar subdivision|
|• Official||Nepali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Darjeeling Sadar subdivision is a subdivision of the Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of the Darjeeling municipality and three community development blocks: Darjeeling Pulbazar, Rangli Ranglot and Jorebunglow–Sukhiapokhri. The three blocks contain one census town Pattabong Tea Garden and 50 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Darjeeling.
Apart from Darjeeling Municipality that consists of 32 wards, the subdivision contains rural areas of 50 gram panchayats under three community development blocks: Darjeeling Pulbazar, Rangli Ranglot and Jorebunglow–Sukhiapokhri.
Darjeeling Pulbazar block
Darjeeling Pulbazar block consists of one census town: Pattabong Tea Garden, and rural areas with 23 gram panchayats, viz. Darjeeling-I, Darjeeling-II, Bijanbari-Pulbazar, Goke-I, Goke-II, Kaijalia, Nayanor, Singtam Soom, Lodhoma-I, Lodhoma-II, Relling, Chungtong, Rimbik, Rishirhat-Bloomfield, Rangit-I, Rangit-II, Lebong Valley-I, Lebong Valley-II, Dabaipani, Badamtam, Sirikhola-Daragaon, Jhepi and Mazuwa. This block has three police stations: Darjeeling (Sadar), Pulbazar and Lodhama.
Jorebunglow Sukiapokhri block
Jorebunglow Sukiapokhri block consists of rural areas only with 16 gram panchayats, viz. Lower Sonada-I, Lower Sonada-II, Upper Sonada, Rangbul, Lingia Maraybong, Dhootria Kalej Valley, Munda Kothi, Rangbhang Gopaldhara, Pokhriabong-I, Pokhriabong-II, Pokhriabong-III, Permaguri Tamsang, Gorabari Margaret's Hope, Plungdung, Ghum Khasmahal, and Sukhia-Simana.
Rangli Rangliot block
Rangli Rangliot block consists of rural areas only with 11 gram panchayats, viz. Rangli, Takdah, Labdah, Maneydara, Tackling-I, Tackling-II, Lamahatta, Pubang-Rampuria, Singrimtam, Ressep and Rongchong. This block has one police station: Rangli Rangliot. Headquarters of this block is in Takdah.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in West Bengal, the area under Darjeeling municipality, Darjeeling Pulbazar block and eleven gram panchayats under Jorebunglow Sukiapokhri block, viz. Dhootria Kalej Valley, Ghum Khasmahal, Sukhia–Simana, Rangbhang Gopaldhara, Pokhriabong–I, Pokhriabong–II, Pokhriabong–III, Lingia Maraybong, Permaguri Tamsang, Plungdung and Rangbul constitutes the Darjeeling assembly constituency of West Bengal. The other five gram panchayats of Jorebunglow Sukiapokhri block, viz. Lower Sonada–I, Upper Sonada, Lower Sonada–II, Munda Kothi and Gorabari Margaret's Hope are part of Kurseong assembly constituency, along with the area under Rangli Rangliot block. Both assembly constituencies will be part of Darjeeling Lok Sabha constituency.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Darjeeling municipality had a total population of 118,805. There were 59,187 males and 59,618 females. As per the 2011 Census of India, Darjeeling Pulbazar block had a total population of 126,935. There were 63,828 males and 63,107 females. As per the 2011 Census of India, Rangli Rangliot block had a total population of 70,125. There were 35,025 males and 35,100 females. As per the 2011 Census of India, Jorebunglow Sukhiapokhri block had a total population of 113,516. There were 56,232 males and 57,284 females.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 19 March 2008. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2008.
- "District Profile". Official website of Darjeeling district. Retrieved 9 December 2008.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Darjeeling district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 26 December 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 5, 23. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data (PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 30 March 2017.