|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• County-level city||2,294 km2 (886 sq mi)|
|• Urban||35 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|• County-level city||1,500,000|
|• Density||650/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|• Urban density||8,600/km2 (22,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Dengzhou (simplified Chinese: 邓州; traditional Chinese: 鄧州; pinyin: Dèngzhōu), formerly Deng County (邓县), is a city in Nanyang, Henan, China. it has an area of 2,294 km² and a population of 1,500,000. The urban area is 35 km², and the urban population is 300,000. The city is located in the southwest of Henan province, adjacent to the borders between Henan, Hubei and Shaanxi. It geometrically lies in the center of the triangle of Zhengzhou, Wuhan and Xi'an, with equal distance to any of these three cities.
It is a city with a long cultural history in China. Historically well known celebrities include: Zhang Zhongjing (ancient Chinese medicine practitioner with superb skills), Han Yu (great poet), Kou Zhun (most respected senator of Song dynasty), Fan Zhongyan (great writer), Yao Xueyin (modern writer), Zhou Daxin (modern writer) etc.
The city's primary industries include cigarette-packing, food processing and sculpture.
- Airplane to nearest Nanyang airport;
- Drive along the National Expressway Network (Nanyang-Xiangfan link).
- China National Highway 207
- Railway by K149, K206/K207, K205/K208, K184, 6010/6011/6014, 1512/1513, 1389/1390, 1165/1168, 1126/1127.
- Public bus transport: many
Lan Xiu Ting (Pavilion with picturesque view), Pagoda of Fu Sheng, relics of ancient city wall and the recently built touring area along the Tuan River.
- "Profile of Dengzhou" (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2008-03-14. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Profile of Dengzhou" (in Chinese). Official website of Dengzhou Government. Archived from the original on June 8, 2007. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
|This Henan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|