Department of Science and Technology (India)
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. It was established in May 1971 to promote new areas of science and technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting Scientific and Technological activities in the country. It gives funds to various approved scientific projects in India. It also supports various researchers in India to attend conferences abroad and to go for experimental works.
DST supports open access to scientific knowledge, originated from the public-funded research in India. In December 2014, the DST and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India had jointly adopted their Open Access Policy.
- MACS-Agharkar Research Institute. 
- International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI)
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Vigyan Prasar - Established in 1989, Vigyan Prasar (VP) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Science and Technology whose objectives are to take up large-scale science popularisation tasks/activities, to promote and propagate scientific and rational outlook, to act as a resource-cum-facility centre for S&T communication. It publishes a magazine Dream 2047.
- Indian Board of Science Education (IBSE BOARD)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF)
- National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO), Calcutta
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun
- Survey of India, Dehradun
- India Meteorological Department (IMD)
- "India unveils new open access policy : Indigenus". blogs.nature.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Vigyan prasar science portal Archived 11 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. Vigyanprasar.gov.in. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|