Dhirendra Singh (born 1 November 1966) is an Indian politician and a member of the Seventeenth Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh. He represents the Jewar (Assembly constituency) of Uttar Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He defeated Vedram Bhati, a three time MLA of Bahujan Samaj Party with a margin of 22,173 votes.
Early life and education
Dhirendra Singh was born in Rabupura town of Gautam Budh Nagar district to Thakur Heeri Singh and Shanti Devi, with the family having a foothold in politics and agriculture. He attended the Chaudhary Charan Singh University and attained a Master of Arts degree in History. He is an Alumnus of St. John's College, Agra.
Dhirendra Singh started his political life as a student leader in St. John's College, Agra. After having got a membership in the Indian National Congress (INC), he served on many posts. He took active role during the farmers movement of Bhatta Parsaul and came to limelight during the land acquisition movement of Bhatta Parsaul when he took the Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to the village on his bike, and led a massive protest. Dhirendra Singh raised a big movement to change the land acquisition law in India. He was the INC's candidate in assembly election 2012 but lost the seat by a low margin of votes. He quit the INC and joined BJP before the assembly polls of 2017 and was elected member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly for the first time.
Effort for Jewar International Airport
The Uttar Pradesh government is constructing International Airport in Jawar. For which land acquisition is proposed in the villages of Jewar area, but the local farmers did not want to give their land to the district administration of Gautam Buddh Nagar. Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) told the UP Govt, percentage of families that have consented to the land acquisition process is less than number mandated by the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (LARR) Act, 2013. Seeing the situation deteriorating, Thakur Dhirendra Singh took this matter in his own hands. The MLA visited the villages. Explain the advantages of the airport to the farmers. After this twenty six farmers from Rohi, Banwari Bas, Dayanatpur, Kishorepur villages and other hamlets in Jewar along with Dhirendra Singh met the CM Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow and handed over consent letters for the land acquisition process. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed officials of the Noida International Airport Limited and the Gautam Budh Nagar administration to expedite work on greenfield Noida International Airport.
- "विधान सभा गठन की भारत निर्वाचन आयोग की अधिसूचना" (PDF). www.uplegisassembly.gov.in.
- "First Time Elected Member's List for Uttar Pradesh Seventeenth Legislative Assembly" (PDF). www.uplegisassembly.gov.in/.
- "CANDIDATEAFFIDAVIT". affidavitarchive.nic.in. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Dhirendra Singh MLA of JEWAR Uttar Pradesh contact address & email". nocorruption.in. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "2017 Jewar - Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election Winner, LIVE Results & Latest News: Election Dates, Polling Schedule, Election Results & Live Election Updates | India.com". India.com. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Google Translate". translate.google.co.in. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Backed by Muslims, BJP's Dhirendra Singh defeats three-time BSP MLA in Jewar". The Hindustan Times. 11 March 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Man who gave Rahul Gandhi a ride on his bike during 2011 farmers agitation joins BJP". www.indiatoday.in. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Congress' Chairman Sahaab confident of victory in Jewar". www.sunday-guardian.com. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "UP elections: On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway". NDTV.com. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "RaGa REJECTED as bike buddy joins the BJP in poll-bound UP". Mail Online. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Aradhak, Purusharth; Aradhak, Purusharth (9 January 2017). "Congress, RLD leaders join BJP in Uttar Pradesh". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "UP assembly elections: Thakur Dhirendra Singh quits Congress, joins BJP before polls - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "BJP's Jewar candidate Dhirendra Singh pulls a mammoth crowd for rally". The Hindustan Times. 9 February 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "उप्र विधानसभा चुनाव: धीरेंद्र सिंह ने कांग्रेस छोड़ भाजपा का थामा दामन". Jansatta (in Hindi). Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Why Rahul Gandhi's Bhatta Parsaul buddy is fighting UP polls on a BJP ticket". www.dailyo.in. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Govt teams work overtime to seek farmers' consent for Jewar airport". www.hindustantimes.com. 6 September 2018. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Yet to Acquire the Requisite Land, UP's Jewar Airport Project Losing Race Against Time". News18. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Seeking landowner consent for Jewar airport, MLA goes village to village". The Indian Express. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Jewar Farmers Meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Demand Increased Compensation for Airport Project". News18. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Jewar airport: 1591 more farmers give consent - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Speed up work on Jewar airport project, CM Yogi tells officials". www.hindustantimes.com. 14 November 2018. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "118 More Owners Agree For Land Acquisition For Jewar Airport, Says MLA". NDTV.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Nearly 1,700 farmers have agreed to give land for international airport in Jewar: MLA Dhirendra Singh". dna. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
|This article about a Uttar Pradesh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|