Downtown Mountain View station
Centennial Plaza at the Downtown Mountain View station. The station building can be seen on the left.
|Location||600 West Evelyn Avenue near Castro Street|
Mountain View, California
|Platforms||2 side platforms (Caltrain)|
1 island platform (VTA Light Rail)
2 (VTA Light Rail)
|Connections|| VTA Bus: 21, 40, 51, 52|
Mountain View Shuttle: Grey Route, Red Route
MVgo Shuttle: East Bayshore, West Bayshore
Caltrain Shuttle: Duane Avenue
|Bicycle facilities||Lockers available|
|Fare zone||Fare Zone 3 (Caltrain)|
|Opened||December 20, 1999 (VTA Light Rail)|
|Passengers (2018)||4,810 per weekday 0.8%|
Downtown Mountain View station is an intermodal transit station located in Mountain View, California. The station is served by Caltrain regional rail service, Santa Clara VTA light rail service, VTA local buses, and local shuttles. Downtown Mountain View is the western terminus of the Orange Line light rail route. The station has one island platform serving the two light rail tracks and two side platforms serving the two Caltrain tracks.
The station building was constructed in 2000 to replicate the demolished 1888-built Southern Pacific Railroad station. Two pieces of public art were added during the construction of the light rail line.
- VTA Bus: 21, 40, 51, 52
- Mountain View Shuttle: Grey Route, Red Route
- MVgo Shuttle: East Bayshore, West Bayshore
- Caltrain Shuttle: Duane Avenue
- SMA Rail Consulting (April 2016). "California Passenger Rail NETWORK SCHEMATICS" (PDF). California Department of Transportation. p. 13.
- "VTA Facts: Light Rail System" (PDF). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. November 30, 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 20, 2009. Retrieved January 10, 2020.
- "2018 Annual Count Key Findings Report" (PDF). Caltrain. 2018.
- Sheck, Justin (April 20, 2001). "Old Southern Pacific station house to be installed at transit plaza". Mountain View Voice. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "City of Mountain View - City Centennial". Archived from the original on 2006-11-17. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "The Tasman West Light Rail Project: Art and Aesthetics Program" (PDF). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. October 26, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 29, 2008.
Media related to Downtown Mountain View station at Wikimedia Commons
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|