Egra (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medinipur|
|Electorate (year)||219,092 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 218 Egra (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Egra municipality, Egra I community development blocks, and Basudevpur, Deshbandhu, Dubda, Manjusree, Paniparul, Sarbaday and Bibekananda gram panchayats of Egra II community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Egra |
|Independent||Durga Pada Mishra||3,565|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006. 2009 by election not taken into consideration because of lack of sufficient data.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||0||6|
|Communist Party of India||0||3|
In the 2009 byelection, necessiated by the election of the sitting MLA Sisir Adhikari to Parliament from Kanthi (Lok Sabha constituency), Samaresh Das of Trinamool Congress defeated Prabodh Chandra Sinha.
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Sisir Adhikari of Trinamool Congress won the 213 Egra assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Prabodh Chandra Sinha of DSP(PC). Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Prabodh Chandra Sinha, contesting as Independent or on CPI(M) symbol, won the Egra seat between 1982 and 2001, defeating Tapan Kanti Kar of Trinamool Congress in 2001, Sohan Jyoti Maiti of Congress in 1996, Tapan Kanti Kar of Congress in 1991, Kshitindra Mohan Sahoo of Congress in 1987 and Khan Samsul Alam of Congress in 1982. Prabodh Chandra Sinha representing Janata Party defeated Anandi Nandan Das of CPI(M) in 1977. 
Khan Samsul Alam of Congress won in 1972. Prabodh Chandra Sinha of PSP won in 1971. Bibhuti Pahari of PSP won in 1969 and 1967. Hrishikesh Chakraborty of Congress won in 1962. Bhuban Chandra Kar Mahapatra won in 1957.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Egra". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Egra. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Egra. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Results of bye – elections to the 31 (thirty one) Assembly Constituencies and 1(one) Lok Sabha Constituency" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Trinamool Blooms with Green". Contai Royals. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "213 - Egra Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.