|Created by||Sebastián Ortega|
|Written by||Adrián Caetano|
|Directed by||Luis Ortega|
|Theme music composer||Sara Hebe|
|Opening theme||El Marginal|
|Country of origin||Argentina|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Production company(s)||Underground producciones|
|Original network||Televisión Pública Argentina|
|Original release||June 2, 2016 –|
El Marginal is an Argentine television series, starring Juan Minujín and Martina Gusmán. It received the Golden Martín Fierro award, a Tato award, a Festival Séries Mania [fr] award and also was nominated for a Platino Award for Best Miniseries or TV series.
The former cop Miguel Palacios (Juan Minujín) is jailed at San Onofre, under a fake name and a fake judicial case. His mission is to infiltrate a criminal gang of prisoners and prison guards, and gather information about the daughter of a judge kidnapped by said gang. He eventually loses his links with those aware of his mission, and escapes from prison to recover his identity.
The series was initially aired at the Televisión Pública Argentina TV channel. It was acquired by Netflix after the end of the original run, becoming available for Latin America, the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Portugal. El Marginal and Estocolmo were the first Argentine TV series acquired by Netflix, in 2016.
The program received 8 nominations for the Martín Fierro Awards, and won those for best miniseries and best writers. One of the producers thanked for the award, but criticized the organization of the nominations, as they sometimes include TV programs from very disparate genres. Actor Gerardo Romano used his brief time to ask people to vote for Cristina Fernández de Kirchner at the 2017 legislative elections. At the end of the ceremony, the program received the Golden Martín Fierro Award.
|Juan Minujín||Miguel Palacios/Osvaldo "Pastor" Peña|
|Gerardo Romano||Director Gerardo Antín|
|Martina Gusmán||Lic. Emma Molinari|
|Claudio Rissi||Mario Borges|
|Maite Lanata||Luna Lunati|
|Mariano Argento||Juez Cayetano Lunati|
|Nicolás Furtado||Juan Pablo "Diosito" Borges|
|Carlos Portaluppi||"El Morcilla"|
|Brian Muniz||"El Virus"|
|Guito Botto Fiora||"Fiorella"|
|Aylin Prandi||Lic. Francesca Morales|
|Chang Sung Kim||"El chino"|
|Daniel Pacheco||James "El colombiano"|
|Jorge Lorenzo||Oficial Capece|
|Brian Buley||Pedro, "Pedrito" o "El enano"|
|Lucas Poce||"El niño"|
|Francisco Lumerman||"El triste"|
|Jonathan de Rosa||"El susto"|
|Lis Moreno||"La Kari"|
|Mario Moscoso||Guardia Cárcel|
|Enrique Liporace||"El Verruga"|
- "Martín Fierro 2017: El Marginal se llevó el Oro y Mirtha Legrand el de Brillantes" [Martín Fierro 2017: El Marginal took the gold and Mirtha Legrand the Diamonds] (in Spanish). La Nación. June 19, 2017. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- "Netflix estrenará El marginal y Estocolmo en todo el mundo" [Netflix will premiere El Marginal and Estocolmo in all the world] (in Spanish). La Nación. August 16, 2016. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- "Vuelve "El Marginal": La serie tendrá su segunda temporada!" ["El Marginal" returns: the series will have a second season!] (in Spanish). Metro 951. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- "El Marginal 2: a horas del estreno, ya se habla de una tercera temporada". La Nación (Buenos Aires). 18 July 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Martín Fierro 2017: Gerardo Romano hizo campaña por Cristina Kirchner" [Martín Fierro 2017: Gerardo Romano campaigned for Cristina Kirchner] (in Spanish). La Nación. June 19, 2017. Retrieved June 16, 2017.