İlyasova with the Bucks
|No. 7 – Oklahoma City Thunder|
May 15, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36th overall|
|Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks|
|2005–2006||→Tulsa 66ers (D-League)|
|2007–2009||FC Barcelona (Spain)|
|2011||Anadolu Efes (Turkey)|
|2016–present||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ersan İlyasova (born May 15, 1987) is a Turkish professional basketball player for the Oklahoma City Thunder of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has previously played in Turkey, Spain and the NBA Development League.
- 1 Professional career
- 2 Career statistics
- 3 International career
- 4 Personal life
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
After playing with the youth team of Ülkerspor, İlyasova played professionally in the Turkish Basketball League with the senior squad of Ülkerspor during the 2004–05 season, averaging 4.5 points and 3.2 rebounds in eleven games.
İlyasova was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 36th overall pick of the 2005 NBA draft. In July 2005, he joined the Bucks for the 2005 NBA Summer League. On August 22, 2005, he signed with the Bucks. On November 14, 2005, he was assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League, an assignment that lasted the entire 2005–06 season. In 46 games for the 66ers, he averaged 12.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game.
İlyasova made his NBA debut for the Bucks on November 1, 2006 in a 105–97 win over the Detroit Pistons. In 2006–07, he played 66 games for the Bucks, averaging 6.1 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. In June 2007, the Bucks tendered a qualifying offer to İlyasova to make him a restricted free agent.
Return to the NBA
Milwaukee Bucks (2009–2015)
In July 2009, İlyasova signed a multi-year deal to return to the Milwaukee Bucks.
On August 3, 2011, İlyasova signed with Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League for the duration of the NBA lockout. In December 2011, he returned to the Bucks following the conclusion of the lockout.
On February 19, 2012, İlyasova set new career-highs with 29 points and 25 rebounds against the New Jersey Nets, becoming just the third Bucks player in franchise history to record at least 25 points and 25 rebounds in a game, after Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (10 times) and Swen Nater (once). The feat had not been achieved for more than 35 years. He subsequently earned the Player of the Week award for his performances from March 5–11.
On March 27, 2014, İlyasova was ruled out for the remainder of the 2013–14 season due to a right ankle injury.
On March 26, 2015, İlyasova scored a career-high 34 points in a 111-107 win over the Indiana Pacers.
Detroit Pistons (2015–2016)
On June 11, 2015, İlyasova was traded to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams. On October 27, he made his debut for the Pistons in a 106–94 win over the Atlanta Hawks, recording 16 points, seven rebounds, three assists and one block in 34 minutes.
Orlando Magic (2016)
On February 16, 2016, İlyasova was traded to the Orlando Magic, along with Brandon Jennings, in exchange for Tobias Harris. The next day, he made his debut with the Magic in a 110–104 win over the Dallas Mavericks, recording 16 points, five rebounds, two assists and one steal in 23 minutes.
Oklahoma City Thunder (2016–present)
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
Before İlyasova was chosen to play for the senior Turkey national basketball team, he was named the MVP of the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, after leading Turkey's junior national team to a silver medal in İzmir.
- "Ersan Ilyasova Stats, Video, Bio, Profile". NBA.com. Retrieved July 18, 2007.
- "Ersan Ilyasova – Turkish Basketball League Player". TBLStat.net. Retrieved July 18, 2007.
- "Milwaukee Bucks send Ersan Ilyasova to D-League". InsideHoops.com. November 14, 2005. Retrieved July 18, 2007.
- "Ersan Ilyasova D-League Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Archived from the original on April 28, 2015. Retrieved July 18, 2007.
- "Milwaukee Bucks at Detroit Pistons Box Score, November 1, 2006". Basketball-Reference.com. November 1, 2006. Retrieved November 1, 2006.
- "AXA FC Barcelona lands Ilyasova". Euroleague.net. July 18, 2007. Retrieved July 18, 2007.
- "BUCKS REACH AGREEMENT WITH ILYASOVA". NBA.com. July 23, 2009. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "Anadolu Efes officially announces Ersan Ilyasova". Sportando.com. August 3, 2011. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- "Ersan Ilyasova, Bucks spoil Brook Lopez's season debut for Nets". ESPN.com. February 20, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "Bucks Re-Sign Ersan Ilyasova". NBA.com. July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- "Bucks re-sign forward Ersan Ilyasova". ESPN.com. July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- Golliver, Ben (March 27, 2014). "Bucks' Ersan Ilyasova out for season with ankle injury". SI.com. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Ilyasova scores 34 points, Bucks beat Pacers 111-107". NBA.com. March 26, 2015. Retrieved March 26, 2015.
- "Pistons Acquire Forward Ersan Ilyasova From Milwaukee In Exchange For Caron Butler And Shawne Williams". NBA.com. June 11, 2015. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Pistons surprise Hawks on opening night, winning 106-94". NBA.com. October 27, 2015. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- "Magic Acquire Jennings and Ilyasova From Pistons in Exchange for Harris". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. February 16, 2016. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- "Mavs set franchise best for 3s but lose to Magic in OT". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. February 19, 2016. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- Thunder Acquires Oladipo, Ilyasova and Draft Rights to Sabonis
- Fernández, Luis (September 22, 2006). "A Look Back At The U-20 European Championships (Part Two)". DraftExpress.com. Retrieved September 22, 2006.
- "Life history of Crimean Tatar basketball player". QHA.com.ua. September 23, 2009. Retrieved September 23, 2009.