FEU Institute of Technology
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|FEU - East Asia College (FEU-EAC)|
|Motto||Technology Driven by Innovation|
|Affiliation||FEU, APC, IBM|
|President||Dr. Michael M. Alba|
|Executive Director||Benson T. Tan|
|Location||Sampaloc, Manila, NCR,
|Hymn||The FEU Hymn (words by Nick Joaquin)|
|Colors||Green and Gold|
FEU Institute of Technology formerly known as FEU - East Asia College (FEU-EAC), East Asia College of Information Technology (EACIT) and East Asia Institute of Computer Technology (EAICT), was established in 1992. EACIT is an educational partnership of Asia Pacific College (APC), SM, IBM Phils., IWI (Phils.), and Far Eastern University (FEU).
FEU Tech is in the northwestern part of the FEU Campus in the City of Manila and occupies the former location of the FEU Hospital. FEU Tech is an Institute of Technology and is ranked first in information technology among schools in the NCR region. It is cited as a CHED Center of Development in IT Education (CoD).
FEU Tech operates under the aegis of Far Eastern University; it follows and is directly connected to Far Eastern University. It is headed by Michael M. Alba as university president and Benson T. Tan as executive director.[when?]
In July 1991 IBM Philippines, with SM Foundation, Inc. founded Asia Pacific Computer Technology Center (APCTC) in an effort to address the manpower needs of the growing Information Technology industry. APCTC later collaborated with Far Eastern University (FEU) and Intelligent Wave, Inc (IWI) to set up a computer school, which was called East Asia Computer Center (EACC) and was eventually renamed as East Asia College of Information Technology (EACIT).
On September 30, 1998, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) noted the change in the name of East Asia Institute of Computer Technology (EAICT) to East Asia College of Information Technology.
On February 24, 2000, East Asia College of Information Technology was identified by CHED as a Center of Development for Excellence in Information Technology Education.
In 2001, CHED approved the proposal of East Asia College of Information Technology to offer additional courses leading to Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Bachelor of Science in Information Management. Also in 2001, FEU reopened its College of Engineering offering a trimestral (four years and one term) program.
In 2002, FEU bought out the shares of all incorporators and became the sole owner of EACIT. That same year, FEU’s College of Engineering was merged with EACIT and the two formed a technology education powerhouse now known as FEU – East Asia College (FEU – EAC).
In 2014, FEU - East Asia College transferred to a newly constructed 17-storey building which is located at P. Paredes St. in Manila. It is now known as FEU Institute of Technology.
College of Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Specialization in Software Development
- Specialization in Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing
- Specialization in Digital Animation Technology
- Specialization in Game Development
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Specialization in Digital Arts
- Specialization in Animation and Game Development
- Specialization in Web and Mobile Applications
- Specialization in Service Management and Business Analytics
- Associate in Computer Technology
College of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Department of Graduate Studies
- Master of Information Technology
- E-Library, Swimming Pool, Covered Gym and Basketball Court, Computer Labs, Electronic Labs, Academic Rooms
- Computer Labs, Electronics Labs, Data Center, Library, Academic Rooms, PE Rooms, FEU Foodcourt, Car Park