|Birth name||Fatin Shidqia Lubis|
|Also known as||Fatin|
July 30, 1996 |
|Labels||Sony Music Entertainment Indonesia|
Fatin Shidqia Lubis (born July 30, 1996), better known as Fatin Shidqia or Fatin, is an Indonesian singer and actress who won the first season of the Indonesian version of the The X Factor in May 2013, becoming the first of two winners to be mentored by Rossa. Fatin currently stands as one of the most successful winners of The X Factor Indonesia. She was signed to record label Sony Music Entertainment Indonesia.
After winning The X Factor, Fatin released the winner's single "Aku Memilih Setia", which debuted at number one on the iTunes Indonesia. Fatin released her debut album, For You , which debuted at number one on the iTunes Indonesia Album Chart and the album became one of the most successful albums of that year in the Indonesia, the singles released from the album earned her 8 AMI Awards nominations and winning 5 from 8 nominations including Best of the Best Album, Best of the Best Newcomer, and Best Pop Female Solo Artist. For You and the six singles released from the album have sold over 500.000 in Indonesia alone. "Dia Dia Dia" was released as Fatin's second single in December 2013, which became a hit single, with a peak position of number 16 in the Indonesia, the singles earned her APM Awards as APM Most Popular Song.
In August 2016, Fatin achieved her international awards as Best Asian New Female Act from Daf BAMA Music Awards was held at Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, Germany. Fatin also singing her first English-language songs "Away" at the show, and made her became the first Indonesian singer to win Daf Bama Music Awards.
2012–2013: X Factor Indonesia and Debut Album "For You" 
In 2012, Fatin auditioned for the first season of X Factor Indonesia with the song "Grenade", originally sung by Bruno Mars. She amazed the judges in her audition and received a lot of positive feedback among social media users, advancing to the next round. Ahmad Dhani said that he loved her voice, and her audition has since garnered 4 million views on YouTube (as of October 2013[update]), with several other videos that if in total reaching over 20 million views. Soon after, she advanced through the first day of bootcamp, where she performed "Rindu" and advanced through the next day. On the second day, acts were given dance lessons by choreographers. The judges then split the number of acts down to two groups, 22 acts through to the next day, and remaining 50 acts must perform once again, with an a cappella performance. Fatin didn't do well on Stage Act, so she had to do the a cappella performance. She performed Paris (Ooh La La) and advanced through the next day. On the bootcamp 3, she performed "Pumped Up Kicks". She was one of seven contestants in the Female Under 26 category to perform at judges' houses stage of the competition, for Rossa and her guest judge, Maia Estianty, performing the song "Cintakan Membawamu Kembali". She advanced into the Showcase, where she performed "Diamonds". She was put through to the Gala Live Show, where she performed "Rumour Has It". She advanced to the Top 12 when she performed "Pudar".
On March 8, 2013, she performed "Girl on Fire" sending her into the top 10. On March 15, she performed "Don't Speak", and sending her into the top 9. She performed "Perahu Kertas" and advanced to the top 8. She sang Bruno Mars' song, "It Will Rain", in week 6 and Duffy's song, "Mercy", in week 7 and received positive comments from the judges on both performances. The next week, she performed "Jalan Cinta" and duet with Vina Panduwinata sang "Logika". On Live Show 10, She performed "Pelan - Pelan Saja" and "Lovefool", both performance received positive comments from the judges.
[Performances on X Factor Indonesia]
Fatin performed the following songs on X Factor Indonesia:
|Audition||Free choice||"Grenade"||Bruno Mars||N/A||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp 1||Group Performance||"Rindu"||Agnes Monica||N/A||Through to bootcamp 2|
|Bootcamp 2||Stage Act/choreography||N/A||N/A||N/A||Through to bootcamp 3|
|Mini Challenge (Sing in Acapella)||Paris (Ooh La La)||Grace Potter and the Nocturnals||N/A|
|Bootcamp 3||Solo Performance||"Pumped Up Kicks"||Foster the People||N/A||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"Cinta Kan Membawamu Kembali"||Dewa 19||N/A||Through to Showcase & Live Show|
|Live show 1||Mentor's choice||"Rumour Has It"||Adele||4||Safe|
|Live show 2||Songs from my mentor||"Pudar"||Rossa||12||Safe|
|Live show 3||My favorite song||"Girl on Fire"||Alicia Keys||7||Safe|
|Live show 4||Songs from 90's||"Don't Speak"||No Doubt||8||Safe|
|Live show 5||Indonesia's mega hits||"Perahu Kertas"||Maudy Ayunda||6||Safe|
|Live show 6||My musical inspiration||"It Will Rain"||Bruno Mars||8||Safe|
|Live show 7||Hits Of the Century||"Mercy"||Duffy||6||Safe|
|Live Show 8||East meets west||"Arti Hadirmu"||Audy||2||Safe|
|"These Words"||Natasha Bedingfield||8|
|Live Show 9||Music of the women of Indonesia||"Jalan Cinta"||Sherina Munaf||5||Safe1|
|"Logika" (with Vina Panduwinata)||Vina Panduwinata||10|
|Live Show 10||Movie Soundtrack||"Pelan - Pelan Saja"||Kotak||4||Safe|
|Live Show 11||Tribute to Noah||"One Way or Another"||Blondie||2||Safe|
|"Tak Ada Yang Abadi"||Noah||6|
|Road to Grand Final||Viewer's Choices||"Everything At Once"||Lenka||3||Safe1|
|Duet with Mentor||"Material Girl" (with Rossa)||Madonna||6|
|Viewer's Choices||"Grenade"||Bruno Mars||9|
|Grand Final||Celebrity Duets||"Katakan Tidak" (with Afgansyah Reza)||Afgansyah Reza||1||Safe|
|Winner's song||"Aku Memilih Setia"||Fatin Shidqia||7|
|Finalist Duets||"Don't Stop Believin'"||Journey||9|
|The Result||Solo Performance||"Well, Well, Well"||Duffy||1||Winners|
|Duet with Eliminated Finalist||"Good Time" (with Mikha Angelo)||Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen||3|
|Winner's song||"Aku Memilih Setia"||Fatin Shidqia||5|
^1 No Elimination on this week
After winning the first season of X Factor Indonesia, Fatin's winner single, "Aku Memilih Setia", was released digitally via iTunes. After release, the song debuted at number one on the iTunes Charts Indonesia. Fatin also appeared in a Indosat IM3 commercial. Fatin also the one and only girl with Hijab, who became cover for Indonesian magazines, "HAI". On July 15, 2013, Fatin was selected clothing line, "Rabbani", to become their brand ambassador and on the same day, Fatin released her second single titled "KekasihMu". This song was available in compilation album "The Best of Islamic Music Vol.2" with Maher Zain and Sandhy Sondoro. On August 24, 2013, Fatin with Novita Dewi performed in RCTI's 24th anniversary television special, X Factor Around the World, along with Samantha Jade, Jahméne Douglas, The Collective, and Melanie Amaro. Fatin performed her X Factor winner's single, "Aku Memilih Setia", "Payphone" as a duet with The Collective and then singing "The World's Greatest" duet with Melanie Amaro.
On August 25, 2013, Fatin held mini concert in Bandung, West Java, entitled "Fatin Shidqia Live Charity Concert" at Tennis Indoor Bikasoga. That show was sponsored by "Rabbani", "Rumah Yatim", "Rumah Cinta", and "Horison Hotel". It was reported that some of the profits would donate to orphan.
On September 2013, Fatin appeared on her film debut titled 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa and singing for this movie soundtrack. This movie was on screen on December 5, 2013. On November 7, 2013, Fatin released her third single and second music video on YouTube titled "Dia Dia Dia". This single was released before Fatin release her debut album. On November 10, 2013, one day before Fatin released her debut album, Fatin got awards "Most Shining Stars 2013" from Tabloid Bintang along with other artist, such as Raisa Andriana, Reza Rahadian, JKT48, Joe Taslim, Maudy Ayunda, Caisar, Deddy Corbuzier, Coboy Junior, and couple Arie Untung & Fenita Arie. On November 11, 2013, Fatin released her debut album titled For You and the album's marketing was cooperation with KFC Indonesia (PT MNC Fastfood Indonesia). In this album, Fatin collaborated with Swedish songwriter and music producer, Gustav Efraimsson, and Australian songwriter/producer, Hayden Bell. On November 22, 2013, Fatin released her new music video titled "Cahaya Di Langit Itu" on YouTube. This song became Original Soundtrack for her debut film titled 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa. At the 2013 Yahoo! OMG Awards, Fatin received nomination for 'Rising Star of the Year' and won the latter award. Fatin also received 2 nominations at 2013 HAI Reader's Poll Music Awards from Indonesian magazine, "HAI", for 'The Best Fresh Meat' and 'The Best Female' On December 7, Fatin held concert to launching her debut album on RCTI titled "Fatin For You". On that show, Fatin collaboration with Kevin Aprilio, Mikha Angelo, Al Ghazali, New Kingz, and Gamaliel. And the end of the show, Fatin was surprised that her album got multiplatinum in 3 weeks after released.
On December 28, Fatin received 4 nominations at 2013 Expose Awards for Celeb of The Year, Female Singer of The Year, Song of The Year, and New Comer of The Year and won the latter awards.
2014-presents: Second Album and Debut Film
On January 20, 2014, Fatin appeared on Konser KFC Adu Bintang 2 with top musician Indonesia, such as Ahmad Dhani, Indra Lesmana, Krisdayanti, Titi DJ, Ruth Sahanaya, Marcell Siahaan, Bunga Citra Lestari, Mulan Jameela, Ari Lasso, Judika, Sammy Simorangkir, and Mike Mohede. This concert was held in Jakarta Hall Convention Center. On this show, Fatin duet with Mulan Jameela singing Reza Artamevia's song, "Pertama". On January 21, Fatin appeared on 2014 Dahsyatnya Awards and singing "Aku Memilih Setia" along with Citra Scholastika, who singing "Galau Galau Galau". On this show, Fatin received award for "Penyanyi Pendatang Baru Terdahsyat (Outstanding Newcomer Singer)". On April 5, Fatin appeared on the 17th Panasonic Gobel Awards in 2014. On this show, Fatin singing her medley song, "Aku Memilih Setia"/"Dia Dia Dia". On May 20, Fatin released her next music video duet with The Overtunes titled "Kaulah Kamuku". On June 13, 2014, Fatin appeared on 2014 Nickelodeon Indonesia Kids' Choice Awards and singing Pharrell Williams's song, Happy, with Ayu Ting Ting & Cakra Khan. On this show, Fatin also received award as "Favorite Singer". On June 19, Fatin appeared on 2014 Anugerah Musik Indonesia was held in Kasablanka, Jakarta. In this show, Fatin singing "Aku Memilih Setia" along with Repvblik, who singing "Selimut Tetangga". Fatin also received 5 awards from 8 nominations including awards for "Best New Artist" and "Best Female Pop Soloist" beating her favorite singer, Raisa Andriana and Andien.
On 12 June 2015, Fatin will make her debut movie title Dreams. This movie will be on screen at 2016. On this movie, Fatin would play with Mathias Muchus and Fauzi Baadila. Fatin also singing the Original Soundtrack for the movie title "Away". This song is the first English-language songs from Fatin.
||Indonesia: 7x Platinum|
|2013||"Aku Memilih Setia"||For You|
|"KekasihMu"||The Best of Islamic Music Vol.2|
|"Dia Dia Dia"||For You|
|"Cahaya Di Langit Itu"|
|2014||"Jangan Kau Bohong"|
|"Proud of You Moslem"||12 Lagu Islami Terbaik - Fatin & Friends|
|"Semua Tentangmu"||For You|
|"Demi Cintaku"||Fariz RM & Dian PP In Collaboration With|
|2015||"Cintamu"||Seno M. Hardjo Presents: The Great Composers - James F. Sundah & Oddie Agam|
|"Salahkah Aku Terlalu Mencintaimu"||Y2Koustic|
|2013||99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa||Herself||Cameo & Theme Song|
Awards and nominations
- "Fatin Shidqia Profile". xfactorindonesia.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-27.
- Fatin Borong Lima Piala AMI Awards JPNN.com retrieved on 2014-06-21
- 10 Hari Album Fatin Tembus Multi Platinum Tempo.co retrieved on 2013-12-09
- Fatin won Best Song at 2014 Anugerah Planet Muzik retrieved on 2014-10-17
- Sabet DAF Bama Music Awards Fatin Shidqia Berkesempatan Manggung di Jerman retrieved on 2016-09-30
- Fatin Shidqia Lubis - Anak SMA Ikut X Factor - YouTube
- Fatin Shidqia Lubis Diamonds (Rihanna) On X Factor Indonesia (Gala Show) [Full HD]
- Performance Fatin Shidqia]
- "iTunes – Music – Aku Memilih Setia – Single by Fatin Shidqia". iTunes Store (Indonesia). Apple. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- Adriyanto Prasetyo (17 May 2013). "Aku Memilih Setia - Single Pertama Fatin langsung rajai Chart iTunes" [I Choose Faithful - Fatin's first single on Top iTunes Charts]. galaunews Interaktif (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Fatin - Iklan Indosat Ramadhan (New Version) - YouTube".
- Sobri Hai (8 June 2013). "Fatin Shidqia Jadi Cewek Berhijab Pertama di Cover Majalah HAI" [Fatin Shidqia became the first Girl with Hijab on HAI Magazine's cover]. HAI Magazine Interaktif (in Indonesian). Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Nanda Hadiyanti (16 July 2013). "Juara Kontes Nyanyi, Fatin Jadi Brand Ambassador" [Winning Singing Competition, Fatin become Brand Ambassador]. Tempo Interaktif (in Indonesian). Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Ade Kurniawan (22 July 2013). "Fatin Shidqia Berserah Diri Lewat "KekasihMu"". Cek&Ricek (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 3 November 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "RCTI 24 Tahun "X Factor Around The World" - YouTube".
- Afriadi, Abednego (25 August 2013). "X Factor Around the World: Fatin dan Novita Dewi Panen Pujian" (in Indonesian). Timlo.net. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Fatin Shidqia Dipuji Melanie Amaro". Tempo (in Indonesian). 24 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Fatin X-Factor Gelar Konser Amal". Republika (in Indonesian). 25 August 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- "Tak Dapat Tokoh Utama, Fatin Shidqia Tetap Antusias Main Film". Tribun (in Indonesian). 31 July 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "Fatin Shidqia rilis Dia Dia Dia Dengan Suasana Eropa". Okezone (in Indonesian). 7 November 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Bintang Paling Berkilau 2013 : Fatin Shidqia Lubis". Tabloid Bintang (in Indonesian). 10 November 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Fatin Shidqia Rilis Debut Albumnya For You". Kapanlagi.com (in Indonesian). 11 November 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Fatin X Factor: KFC Gandeng Fatin Buat Album Solo". Solopos.com (in Indonesian). 12 September 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Album Fatin Shidqia Melibatkan Produser NKOTBSB". Okezone (in Indonesian). 11 November 2013. Archived from the original on 12 November 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Album Perdana Fatin Melibatkan Musisi Eropa". MetroTv News (in Indonesian). 20 November 2013. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Fatin - Cahaya Di Langit Itu (OST 99 Cahaya Di Langit Eropa) - YouTube".
- "Daftar Pemenang Yahoo OMG Awards 2013". Yahoo Indonesia. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- "Nomination HAI Reader's Poll Music Awards 2013". HAI Magazine (in Indonesian). Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Fatin Shidqia Jadi Diva Satu Malam Konser Promosi Album". Okezone.com. 8 December 2013. Archived from the original on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Album Fatin Tembus 7 Platinum". Indonesia Today. 9 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "@_TweetSeleb_ Status". Twitter. 28 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Fatin Rasakan Kegokilan Ahmad Dhani". TribunNews.com. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Nuansa Jazz Bermain di KFC Adu Bintang 2". Hai Online. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Fatin Sabet Penghargaan Pendatang Baru Terdahsyat". Tempo. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Panasonic Gobel Awards Tahun Ini Lebih Meriah". Okezone.com. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Fatin Dan The Overtunes Rilis Video Klip "Kaulah Kamuku"". WowKeren.com. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Fatin Shidqia Fun Berada di IKCA 2014". Yahoo Indonesia. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Fatin, Gita Gutawa dan Virzha 'Idol' Siap Meriahkan AMI Awards 2014". WowKeren.com. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Fatin Lebih Percaya Diri Setelah Kalahkan Raisa dan Andien". Tribunnews.com. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Fatin Deg-Degan Main Film dengan Senior". 12 June 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Fatin Shidqia Rilis Lagu Berbahasa Inggris Untuk Fatinistic". 17 September 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Fatin Shidqia Akan Rilis Album Perdananya 11 November Mendatang" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "3 Minggu Rilis Album Fatin For You Raih 7x Platinum" (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2013-12-09.