|Founded||Turin, Italy (2005 )|
|Products||engines, transmissions and powertrains|
Number of employees
|20,500 (February 2009)|
FPT Industrial is an Italian multinational designer and manufacturer of transmissions, axles, diesel and petrol engines that was established in March 2005 as a Fiat Group division which included all the activities related to powertrains and transmissions. The company was formed following the dissolution of the alliance between Fiat and General Motors.
Between 2005 and 2011, the company also included industrial and commercial powertrain activities that were subsequently spun off as a separate entity named FPT Industrial, which is currently an Iveco Group brand.
The company has activities in nine different countries, it has 10 plants and around 20,000 employees. With output of around 2.9 million engines and 2.4 million transmissions and axles annually, FPT Industrial is one of the largest companies in the powertrain sector.
- Variable Valve Timing (1960). First patent of automotive variable valve timing
- Common Rail technology (1997). Patent sold to Robert Bosch later
- MultiJet system (2003)
- MultiAir technology (2009)
- TwinAir two-cylinder engine (2010)
- Euro Twin Clutch Transmission (2010)
As a result of partial and proportional demerger of Fiat S.p.A. to Fiat Industrial S.p.A., Fiat Powertrain Technologies S.p.A. was split into Fiat Powertrain and FPT Industrial S.p.A. on January 1, 2011.
FPT Industrial S.p.A. is now part of Iveco Group and produces powertrains for On-Road, Off-Road, Marine and Power Generation applications.
- ^ "Fiat".
- ^ "FPT Industrial".
- ^ "CNH Parts & Service and Fiat Powertrain Technologies Partner to Expand FPT North American Dealer Network". reuters.com. 2009-07-23. Archived from the original on 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ "Target Zero: Fiat's engine innovation explored" (19 February 2010). Wired. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Engine manufacturers of Italy
- Manufacturing companies based in Turin
- Manufacturing companies established in 2005
- Italian brands
- Automotive transmission makers
- Diesel engine manufacturers
- Marine engine manufacturers
- Electrical generation engine manufacturers
- Locomotive engine manufacturers
- Auto parts suppliers of Italy
- Motor vehicle engine manufacturers