Flower Hill, New York
|Flower Hill, New York|
|Village of Flower Hill|
Location in Nassau County and the state of New York.
|• Total||1.6 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|• Land||1.6 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||167 ft (51 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0950308|
Flower Hill is a village in Nassau County, New York in the United States. The eastern half is considered part of the Greater Roslyn area, which is anchored by the Village of Roslyn. Western and northern parts are more closely associated with Manhasset and Port Washington. The population was 4,665 at the 2010 census.
The Village of Flower Hill is in the Town of North Hempstead.
The George W. Denton House on West Shore Road was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Austrian actor Walter Slezak lived in this area before committing suicide. The Mayor of Flower Hill, Elaine Phillips, was elected to the New York State Senate on November 8, 2016.
Flower Hill is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,508 people, 1,477 households, and 1,271 families residing in the village. The population density was 2,790.2 people per square mile (1,074.4/km2). There were 1,514 housing units at an average density of 937.1 per square mile (360.8/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 85.65% White, 1.04% African American, 0.02% Native American, 10.31% Asian, 0.98% from other races, and 2.00% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.02% of the population.
There were 1,477 households out of which 39.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.1% were married couples living together, 5.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.9% were non-families. 11.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.03 and the average family size was 3.29.
In the village, the population was spread out with 26.1% under the age of 18, 5.8% from 18 to 24, 22.8% from 25 to 44, 29.0% from 45 to 64, and 16.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 94.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.2 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $121,999, and the median income for a family was $133,075. Males had a median income of $100,000 versus $49,688 for females. The per capita income for the village was $64,997. About 2.0% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and 3.5% of those age 65 or over.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Elaine Phillips Wins New York's 7th Senate District". Port Washington, NY Patch. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
||Plandome Manor||Port Washington|
|Plandome Heights||Munsey Park||Roslyn Estates|