Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up foo dog or lion dog in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Foo Dog or Fu Dog may refer to:
In statues and figurines:
- Chinese guardian lions (石獅; Shishi), representation of the lion in imperial China
- Komainu, Japanese statues
- Shisa, Okinawan statues
In dog breeds, which resemble the figurines:
- Chow Chow, referred in China as Songshi Quan or "puffy-lion dog"
- Japanese Chin, a dog acknowledged for its importance to Japanese nobility
- Pekingese, an ancient breed of toy dog, originating in China
- Pug, dog with wrinkly, short-muzzled face, and curled tail
- French Bulldog, a small breed of domestic dog
- Shar Pei, dog known for its features of deep wrinkles and a blue-black tongue
- Shih Tzu, referred in China as Shizi Gou, or "foo dog"
- Tibetan Spaniel, a breed of assertive, small, intelligent dogs
- Tibetan Mastiff, a large Tibetan dog breed
- Tibetan Terrier, a non-sporting dog breed originating in Tibet
- Lhasa Apso, another non-sporting dog breed originating in Tibet
- Fu Dog (American Dragon: Jake Long), a character in the animated series American Dragon: Jake Long
- Rhodesian Ridgeback, African dog breed bred for hunting lions
- Buddhism, the religion the lion statues originated from
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Foo Dog.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.